Chapter 50

Shruti's POV

Maurvi got me ready for the party. She said that I should take some extra effort in getting ready as we were going to make everyone know that we were in love with each other. She rejected my dress saying that it was too simple and boring. She selected one for me out of her clothes.

I was very reluctant but she convinced me. She said that soon we are going to get married in the same family and we would be co-sisters. So it was absolutely fine to share a few things.

I wanted to get ready for him as well. I wanted to hear him saying that I was looking so pretty that he would have to borrow his bhai's boxing gloves.

I wanted him to say that I was only his... I love it whenever he says that.

So I got ready and as the dress code was western formals, I wore a soft floral peach coloured long evening gown which she selected for me. She gave me accessories to match them.

Maurvi tied my hair in a french knot leaving a few small hair locks to frame my face. I was shocked to see my reflection in the mirror.

It was me?? I looked very elegant and beautiful just like Maurvi. She clicked many pictures of mine.

I was too excited to see Siddharth's reaction. He had gone to his accommodation to get ready. He wanted to get ready here but Maurvi pushed him out of the house when he dropped me home.

The doorbell rang and one of the domestic helpers came to inform us that Dr Jindal was here.

She sprayed her favourite perfume on me and told me to come after a minute.

I saw my reflection in the mirror one last time before going out.

I heard her teasing him as he wanted to come inside to see me.

" Wait right there !!! She will be here in a minute or two. Let's see if you are looking good enough to escort the beautiful lady... "

" I am looking like Prince charming. "

" You are looking just fine!!! " She said and I entered the room.

" Oh, please.... "

He stopped where he was and it seemed that he forgot what he was about to say.

" Wow !! Who is this lady??  Wouldn't you introduce me to this beautiful woman, Maurvi. "

" I told you, she is looking much better than you. " Maurvi said.

" You are looking so ... So... elegant, gorgeous, stunning !! I think that we should drop the idea of going to that stupid party. Can we go for a romantic date somewhere?? "

" No !! We are going to party. "

" But you are looking very beautiful..."

" So?? "

" I need bhai's boxing gloves. He is not here so let's not go to the party. "

" Drama king !!  Go now !! "  Maurvi said.

" Will you be fine being alone?? " I asked her.

" My parents will be here in about 2 hours. I would talk to Gautam till then. Go and enjoy yourselves. "

" I will try to come back soon. " I said.

" No take your time, it's ok."  We greeted her and we came out.

"  I don't want to go to the party,  angry bird.  I will become a raging bull if anyone will flirt or even stare at you. "

" Oh, please Siddharth... Let's go now."