Chapter 34

Maurvi's POV

It was a beautiful day and we just got engaged. My parents were overexcited and Noopur was on top of the world. Of course, her line was getting cleared.

I was really very happy and so was Gautam. Just then, I saw Shruti entering the party. I asked Gautam to look at the entrance.

Gautam looked in that direction and an instant smile came on his face. I asked him to call Sid and sent Siddharth to escort her to us.

I excused myself and went to where aunty was. She saw me coming towards her and smiled. I asked her if she could spare a minute. She excused herself and came aside with me. 

" Aunty, Actually, I wanted to tell you something... "

" Yes beta, tell me. " She said lovingly.

" Can you see that girl in that pink coloured dress near the entrance with Siddharth? " I asked.

" Yes... What about her? And call me mom... " She said smiling at me.

" Mom... She... Sid... I mean Siddharth really likes her. You know what I mean ?" I said finally.

" Seriously?? " She asked me her eyebrows were almost meeting her hairline. I just nodded. She kissed me on my cheek.

" Will you introduce her to us? "  She was very excited.

" Sure, I asked Siddharth to bring her to me, can you please come with uncle? "

" Yes,  but I will come with your Dad,  not uncle... " She smiled and left. I came back to where Gautam was.

" What are you up to? What did you say to mom? "

" I will explain everything to you later on. For now, just enjoy. "

" Why is he taking so long to bring her here.. " He asked.

" Buying some more time with her... Your brother is an expert in that. He knows, how to spend more time with her, even if she is not talking to him much." I smiled.

Just then uncle and aunty came to us. I saw Shruti and Siddharth coming our way and requested uncle to not look very excited. As he got super excited when he met me as his girlfriend. I didn't want her to get scared of uncle's over-friendly behaviour.

Uncle made a long puppy face. But the moment I smiled at him. He melted like butter.

He was very excited to meet the girl Siddharth liked.

Shruti came to us with Siddharth and congratulated both of us and then hugged me. Siddharth was standing behind her and he mouthed a Thank you to me and I winked at him. He was grinning like an idiot. A very sweet idiot.

" Thank you so much, Shruti. I am so glad that you came. Shruti let me introduce you to my family formally.
You have already met Gautam and Siddharth,  here meet their parents too.  Mom and dad, she is Shruti. She is in the same medical College as Siddharth." I said. She got a bit conscious and said hello to them. They smiled at her and aunty asked Shruti about her and her family, parents etc.  After some time, aunty asked her to come with her and they went away.

" You know what ?? You are the best... " Said Siddharth and hugged me.

" Even better than Shruti??? " I asked wiggling my eyebrows. Siddharth scratched the back of his neck and blushed a bit. Uncle and Gautam burst out laughing. He went away to look for Shruti. Uncle was on top of the world.  Gautam reminded him not to try anything funny with shruti. Uncle smiled, shook his head and went away. 

Shruti's POV

I went to meet Maurvi and bhaiya. She was very happy to see me and introduced me to Siddharth's parents. They seemed to be very nice. Aunty asked me about me and my parents.