Chapter 39

Siddharth's POV

" Hello ... Doctor !! " She said in a flirting tone.

" Hello, ma'am. Yes, please? How may I help you? " I said politely, though I was thoroughly irritated.

" In any way you want. I seek for your help in many departments, But you never listen to me." She said giving me a teasing and suggestive smile.

" Can you please tell me your problem, ma'am? I am actually very busy. "

"   Sure, I want a laser treatment for permanent hair removal from my face and my body. I would also like you to give me a skin lightening treatment. I have an important event to attend and want to look at my best. "

" Ma'am, Your skin is perfectly fine. Why do you need those treatments? One should have a healthy glow in their skin. The tone of the skin colour does not matter. In fact, dusky skin tone is considered very beautiful, around the world.  Please drop that idea."

" Please, I want to look even better.  " She said and held my hand all of a sudden.

" Ma'am, please leave my hand. " I was already annoyed, so I said in a louder voice. I never liked the way this woman behaved around me.  Just then I saw Shruti and Raman standing just inside my cabin.

" Ma'am please don't waste your, as well as my time. Please just leave. I do not recommend all that to you. "

" But my boyfriend is losing interest so I want a makeover. He would like  me to get it done.... "

"  I would have recommended if it was needed. Respect yourself, tell your boyfriend to change his attitude. Why do you want to change yourself for him?? "

"   Will you be my boyfriend?? I will drop the idea and leave my boyfriend if you agree. "

" What ?? Sorry ma'am. Listen I am very busy. Can't you see the number of patients outside?? Please leave. "

" Why? It's my body, I want those treatments... So what is the problem?? I have the money and inclination to get those treatments. Why are you not doing it?? "

" Ma'am, I just suggested that your skin is healthy naturally, you do not need the treatment. But If you still want it, it is your responsibility. I will do the treatment, but will not recommend any such thing. Please leave, I am a bit busy. Dr Raman,  please send the next patient. "   I said pressing my head lightly.

I kept looking at the patients till 2 PM.

It was lunchtime and I told my assistants to have lunch and come back in an hour.

My mood was spoilt even more after the encounter with the lady. Shruti saw that too. I didn't know how was she going to take it.

I was too annoyed to eat anything but when Parth called me to the mess, I went to meet them to change my mood. 

My head was throbbing. I saw her sitting there eating the food silently. I was glad that Kunal was not there or I would have beaten him for telling Shruti that he missed her.

Parth told me that he gave him some extra work right before the lunch break saying that he had to prepare the reports right away.

" But his lunch?? "

" He can take his lunch and an hour break later at about 2:50. " He said and grinned as by that time Shruti's break time would be over.

Shruti's POV

I was very tensed to see that I had to assist Siddharth. Though that misunderstanding was cleared between us still there were many things.

It has been almost 5 days since I  started assisting him but he was just behaving like an indifferent senior.  He was not talking to me.