Chapter 26

Shruti's POV

It was the wedding day and the clock struck 5 so we thought of going to our room and getting ready.

I asked Vidhi to come fast to get ready.  We were going to our room to get ready when Vidhi's mom called her to come. She told me to go and get ready and went to talk to her mom.

I went to our room and took out my dress and accessories and went to get freshen up.

I was thinking about what Siddharth said last night. I couldn't sleep after that.

Maurvi said that Siddharth loves me ... Was it true?? My heart started beating very fast.

I had tried not to be alone since last night. I was avoiding meeting him. This was not the right place to discuss all this.

It's not just what I saw that day...

He was interested in Dr Isha.  She has been telling her date stories to her friends.  I happened to hear one of them, when I was passing by...

Anyways... I was here to enjoy this wedding and will do it. I will not spoil my mood.

I will not think about him.

But he is here and is all set to win your affection and attention.

Nonsense... He is here to attend the wedding.

His would-be bhabhi proclaimed that he loves you.

But Dr Isha also says that they are in a relationship.

Maybe she just lied...

Why would she do that??

Why would Maurvi tell lies ???

Yeah... But... I don't know.

You know, Maurvi was speaking the truth.

I don't know... Let's not think about it right now.

Just then, Vidhi entered the room and shut the door. She leaned against it and closed her eyes.

What happened to her?

" Hey Vidhi, What happened?? Are you alright? Shall I call Vikram bhaiya??" I said touching her forehead and checked her pulse.

" Don't be silly, I am ok. "

" Are you sure?? " Just then there was a knock on the door.

" Vidhi someone is at the door. " I said.

" I don't want to talk to him. "

" Vidhi, open the door. I need to talk to you. " Shubh said from the other side of the door.  But she neither said anything nor opened the door.

" Open the door, Vidhi," he said again.

" No... Go away. " She said and rushed into the washroom.

I didn't know what to do with both of them,  so I changed into my dress.

Just then Vidhi's mom called her on her phone but as she was in the washroom, I picked up the phone. She wanted her to come for some help. I told her that she was taking bath so I went to help her instead.

I was coming back after helping her when a waiter passed by me. I was feeling thirsty so stopped him and picked up a juice glass.

Just then a child, who was running around, bumped into a waiter and he spilt the contents of his tray on my dress. I was shocked as hell.