Chapter 70

Cupid's POV

" Mr Jindal, I am glad that my daughter is married in such a good family. But we have to tell people that they are married. I will do as you say, please tell me ... " Mr Singh said to uncle.

" First of all, as we have accepted your daughter as our, you can accept our son as yours. From now he is your son too. And you don't have to worry about any function. We are giving a big reception for them. You can invite as many people as you want to the function. Our families are connected now. So don't worry. "

" We saved some money for her wedding, I can give that to you. " Her dad said.

" No !!! I am totally against it. You are giving your sweet and educated daughter to my son, that is more than enough. We should be thankful to you for the rest of our lives. I am sorry, we can't accept that. One more thing, you will always have your right over her. She is our daughter... Yours as well as ours. "  Uncle said.

" Mr Gupta is right, I could not have found a better family and groom for my daughter, even if I had searched for years. I am glad that they are married now. "

Shruti's POV

I was getting very anxious as all the elders were talking in the living room, even Maurvi and Kriti were also there. Bhaiya had also joined them once Nihal had left.

Siddharth came to me and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around his torso.

" Excuse me?? What is going on?? " Kriti said and we turned to see her standing with a smirk on her face.

" What?? I am just hugging my wife. " Sid said with a smile.

" You are called inside. " She said making a serious face.

We both went inside holding hands. Everyone was serious. My father asked us to sit on the couch, we did that.

" You got married without us around and hence I don't consider you as married. Where is your vermilion, bangles and Mangalsutra? " he said.

What??

" Papa ?? " I was confused at his question.

" Keep quiet... You, young boy, apply vermilion on her hair parting and make her wear bangles and Mangalsutra and take our blessings, Right now. " My father said to Siddharth.

Sid smiled, nodded, grinned and touched his feet and then hugged my father. The shock on my dad's face was worth watching.  He smiled and patted on his back and hugged him.

" I am even carrying her Mangalsutra as she removed it in the car because she was feeling very awkward in wearing it in front of you. She was feeling very guilty. Thank you, uncle, for accepting me as her husband. She was not happy about marrying like that. Uncle, my parents were also not there when we got married, so can we do all these things in presence of my mom and Maurvi's mom. They are at home, so either we can call them here or we all can go there. " Siddharth said.

" We have already sent a driver to get them here.  They will be here in no time. " Dad said.

" You were right, Mr Gupta, he is a gem of a person and Mr and Mrs Jindal have taught them very good values and manners.  Sure beta. "  My father said and opened his arms and looked at me. I was stunned at what was happening and he asked me to come.

I ran into his arms and he hugged me very tightly and placed a kiss on my forehead and said, " I am proud of you, though I never supported you,  you made your own fate. I am happy that you were so rebellious, you fought against all odds and made a career and found such a nice man to get married to. I am sorry for not being a perfect father to my beautiful daughters and not believing in both of you. " He said and I cried in his arms for the first time.