Chapter 35

Surprise!!!!

Well as it is my husband's birthday today, I thought to give a treat to you as well.

I hope you like this it.

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Shruti's POV

It was morning, mom was preparing my favourite food for me. I had already done the packing for going back to Chandigarh.

Siddharth told me that he intended to leave after the brunch as there were still many guests and cousins at his place.

I was not sure that I should go with him or not... But it was better to go with him than going alone by bus or train as dad was too busy to go and drop me and as it is, I was old enough to manage things on my own.

But my stupid soul was pleading with me to go with him. Even my parents wanted me to go with Maurvi.

Only if they knew...

I didn't want to tell lies, but if I had told them, they would not let me go at all. I wanted to finish the internship and do MD as well.

My dad offered to drop me at Maurvi's place on his way to his showroom. He was driving but I felt that he looked a bit stressed out.

" Papa, are you not feeling well?? "

" No, I am fine... You saw all the test reports. Didn't you?? "

" Hmmm but if you ever have any problem, please discuss with me... I am old enough now to help you out. It is just that I have no experience of your kind of work. But you can tell, Kriti. She can help you with at least one of your departmental store, which is closer to her place. "

" No, she is well settled in her family. I would never bother her. As it is, she is a part of that family now and it is not considered good if the girl's of the family has to do work. "

" That's an ancient way of thinking, papa. "

" You may have become modern, but I am still the same, women of our family have never worked. "

" Papa... "

" Stop this argument. You go and do this internship and I will find a man for you to get married to. Take care. "

He dropped me at Maurvi's place, met her parents and went away. I was scared that her parents might tell my papa that I was not going with them but Siddharth. But thankfully it didn't happen.

As soon as papa left, she took me to her room and called Siddharth.

" Hi, Siddharth !! .... guess who is here at my place?? ..... Yes !! ... Ok!! Take your time. " She said and disconnected the call.

" He said, he will be here in 10 minutes. "

" Maurvi, I don't know... But I am confused about many things. I have mixed feelings about him. Plus, I have family issues... Our family atmosphere is very different. "

" I know... But no two families are the same... I assure you about Siddharth. Even if you can't trust me as we just met and I am getting married to his brother, trust Vidhi. She is your best friend. Above all trust yourself... Please ask yourself, what your heart or Soul thinks about him. " She said holding my hand.

" My family will not be ready for this."

" Why?? Siddharth is everything, any father would want his son-in-law to be. "

" They are old fashioned. "

" They didn't even want you to become a doctor, but you fought for it all by yourself. Now you have all of us. We will support you. All you have to do is to trust him and in your relationship. " She said. Just then Siddharth walked into her room.