Chapter 40

Shruti's POV

" Please don't bother... I am not interested in your relationship status. I don't even want to talk to him, I am here around him because I have to assist him for the next two months." I said walking towards the door. But she came after me.

" You think, you are very smart??  I don't know, how you managed to get to assist him. You manipulating bi*** !!!  "

" Mind your language, Dr Isha, or I will forget that you are my senior. "

"  Don't be too happy about this assisting him as an intern. Just stay away from my Sid !! He is my boyfriend. Don't even think of thinking about him. "

"  I have no interest in him."

" Good for you... Because if you ever try to think about him, I will destroy you. "

" Please leave! You might be absolutely free and have nothing else to do, but I have a hell lot of work. " I said and rushed to OT.

I went to OT after wearing scrubs. Dr Jindal was annoyed as hell on me for being late.

" What is wrong with you, Dr Singh?? Why are you late?? What was so important, that could not wait?? " He snapped at me the moment I entered the OT. Every one was looking at me.

" Sorry, sir !!  " I said.

" Sorry ?? That's it??  Be serious !!  "

" Yes sir. " I nodded and he started the process. He was absolutely focused and serious in what he was doing, no doubt, he is one of the best Dermatologist in the city.  I made a video for Raman and Anita and tried to learn some finer points.

The transplant was over and I went out of the OT to go to our department. The lunchtime was going to be over in about 10 minutes. 

I was really hungry and I took out my tiffin box and went to eat food.  Kunal also came there to eat almost at the same time. He saw me and came towards me with a big smile on his face.

" Hey, Shruti... Nice to meet you after so long. I was planning to come and meet you but was very busy till now. Dr Parth is a slave driver. He keeps giving me more and more work. Anyways, I was planning to meet or at least call you today. " We both started eating.

" Regarding what ?? " I asked.

" What?? Can't I come to meet you just like that?? "  He said in a flirting tone.

Just then, Siddharth came into the dining area and ordered coffee and Paneer patties and was talking on the phone.

" Ok, fine... I wanted to ask you to come with me to the welcome party as my date. "  Kunal said and I was a bit taken aback.

Why was he doing all that??  That day, he said that he missed me and today he wanted me to go to the party as his date?? 

Just then I saw that Siddharth saw us having lunch and by the look on his face, I could say that he heard what Kunal said.

He clenched his jaw and fist. I was scared that he might create a scene here but he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He turned away from us, told the cashier to cancel the order and went out.

Oh, God !! Not again...

" Shruti?? " Kunal asked me.

" No, I am sorry Kunal, I will not be able to come. "

" But why?? "

" I am not interested. Sorry. "  He kept persuading me but I refused.

I excused myself and got up to go out and on my way out, I told the cashier to give me the food, Dr Jindal ordered. I took them and went to the dermatology department.