Chapter 41

Shruti's POV

There was a knock on the door. Siddharth told them to come in. He seemed normal but the way he glared at me said it all.

Raman and Anita walked in. Anita asked about the surgery and he smiled and said it was fine.

Oh, so he remembered how to smile till now?? I thought he only glared. Or was he glaring just at me?

I was about to go out when I saw his untouched coffee and snacks.

Oh, God !! This man was too much.

"  Sir, please have your coffee and food. " I said as he asked Raman to do some work.

" I am fine Dr Singh. Thanks for your concern. "  He said sarcastically.

" But?? "

" Please, don't worry about me."

" But sir, Shruti is right, you have been working since morning, please have food or your health may suffer. How will you take care of your patients?? "
Anita said.

" I think, you are right... But why don't you join me?? " He said smiling at her.

He smiled and agreed to eat when she suggested?? He even asked her to join him !! I wanted to wipe that smile off his face.

" Oh, no sir, we are full, just came back from the cafe.  But Shruti can join you, sir, she was with you... "  Raman said and Anita nodded.

He was asking her, not you, you idiot!!

"  Oh, she just had lunch with her....friend. She might not be interested in joining me. "

" Indeed sir, I am not interested. "  I said. He glared at me. But I ignored him.

I went to share the video and the observations I learnt during the conversation.

Siddharth's POV

It was evening and they all were winding up to go home when my phone started buzzing.

It was Maurvi... I picked up the call.
" Hi, beautiful?? What's Up?? "

" Nothing I am in Chandigarh, my parents wanted me to spend some time with them as only 15 days are left. "

" Oh, ok !! That's great, but my poor brother... He must be upset. Right?"

" Don't even ask... But you tell me?? How is everything?? "

" Not fine...  " And I told her everything.

"  Just cool down, you make fun of Gautam but you are also like him. She brought food and coffee for you. So that means she cares. You should have talked to her calmly. Send me her number. I am going to invite her to my place for lunch or dinner."

" She lives with her Tauji. So dinner would not be possible. "

" Ok,  send me her number. "

" Ok, I will ... But I will not let her go with him. And even if I have to break Kunal's legs, I will do that. "

" Oh, God !! Hold your horses... listen,  I know you don't like to eat out so come and have food with us. "

" I will come... You know me too well."

" I know ... Bye, come for the dinner. "

" Ok, bye beautiful... I will have dinner with you. And then we will talk about all this and I will come after breakfast tomorrow. Is that fine?? "