Chapter 44

Shruti's POV

I was lying in my bed with my eyes wide awake. I was very was feeling very light and happy. I kept denying that I had any kind of romantic feelings for him, but I knew that I felt something.

I didn't know that I loved him, though I used to feel very restless and agitated whenever I thought that he was with Isha.

I could not delete those pictures she sent me, but at the same time could not bear to see her with him so I cropped his pictures and saved them.

How can people stoop so low?? 

I was shocked when Siddharth explained to me that the pictures were doctored. I wanted to kill that girl...

I have cried so much in the past that Siddharth betrayed me and made fun of me with his friends and his girlfriend.

But now I was feeling so good from within as he cleared all the misunderstandings. He was such a good man... I always gave him attitude and he just loved me so much.

I didn't know that my feelings for him were so deep-rooted. When he pulled me in his arms, my heartbeat increased like anything. I was trying to keep my feelings in check for so long that they became rebellious and when he kissed me, I kissed him back.

It seemed as if my mind lost all its control over my body and kissed him back as if I was under some spell.

He said he was waiting for me to complete my degree and now he would let everyone know that we were together. I was a bit apprehensive about it but at the same time, it excited me.

I felt good and elated that he would tell everyone about our relationship and make it formal. At least, then all the girls would keep away from him.

I realised that I was smiling like anything. He said that he loved me with so many emotions that I just wanted to throw myself on him and lose myself in his arms.

I love him too... And I wanted to tell him but, I was not sure about my family.

They would not appreciate our relationship.  He was from a different caste and my parents would have an objection about it. 

But I had decided that it may take time but I will do my MD and will convince my parents that I wanted to get married to him only.

Even his family was very cool and I don't think that they would try to control my life as my parents always told me.

But it will definitely take time as my family had fixed ideas. I had to prepare myself for another fight with them for my love and career.

I drifted to sleep while thinking about all this.

******

I was getting ready to go to college when my papa called up.

" Hello, Papa!! "

" Hello beta! Beta your friend Maurvi and her parents called up and they requested me to let you stay with Maurvi for a few days as her parents had to go out of the city for two days and Maurvi would be alone. So you pack your bag for three days and go and stay with her. They seemed to be very nice people and her father is so influential but still, he is very traditional and humble. We must help them if they need us. "

" Ji Papa... Will you tell Tauji? "

" Yes, I will. He is a bit stubborn and won't allow it easily, but I will convince him. I could not say no to such an influential but nice and humble man."

" Ji Papa. "  I said and after that, I called up Maurvi.

" Hi, Shruti!! "

" Hi, so you have already talked to my father... How do you do all that?? "