Chapter 37

Shruti's POV

We both finished eating our food. The chaat was awesome,  l am glad,  I ate it.

" So, did you like it ?? "

" Yes, thank you..."

" Try saying something else. I don't like you saying thank you to me. But I don't get one thing, why you eat street food so much. I mean you are a doctor, and this food is not very healthy. "

" I know...  But I exercise a lot and eat nutritious but boring food provided in the mess every day. So I liked to eat spicy food. "

" Ok, but don't eat more than once a week. It is not good for your health, you know that. Right?? "

" I know and I don't eat more than that. Now let's get going. " I said and he nodded. I packed my tiffin box and we got up to go out. Siddharth caught my hand in his and squeezed lightly.

I don't know why but my heartbeat increased with just that and it reminded me of his kiss and how I responded to it. My face started to turn pink.

He opened the front passenger door of the car for me and once I slid in, he went to another side, to occupy the driving seat. He smiled at me and kissed my hand. I pulled my hand out of his.

He smiled and started driving the car.  He was whistling some happy tune. It was nice to see him like that.

" Don't you think, it is a bright and beautiful day?? "

"  It seems like a normal day only. What is so special about it?? "

" What is so special about it?? How can you ask me that?? Of course, it is a very special day... We kissed for the first time. I loved the way you responded. I was ready to get another tight slap in return for that kiss. I am really happy... We took our relationship to the next step. Now, I know for sure that you feel something for me. "

" No... I don't know, how it happened. But ... "  and just then my phone buzzed.

I looked at the screen and was surprised to see Kunal calling me.

I wanted to avoid this conversation with Siddharth. So, I picked up the call.

" Hello,  Kunal ?? " I said and Siddharth stiffened a bit. I saw it from the corner of my eyes.

" Hey !! How are you?? Are you back from Delhi?? We have to start our internship tomorrow. " Kunal said.b

" Yeah, I am on my way only. "  I said and felt that he increased the speed of the car.

" Oh,  good !!  Missed you a lot. Did you miss me ?? " He said.

Why did he say that??

" You missed me?? " I was shocked to hear him say that. But just then I looked at Siddharth, he was fuming by now and increased the speed even more.

" Of course... Why?? Can't I ?? I hope we get a chance to work under the same doctor. "  I was getting tensed because of how Siddharth was increasing the speed.

" Hmmm... Ok,  Kunal, I will talk to you tomorrow in the hospital. "

" Don't be late... I will wait for you. "
Why was he behaving like that ??

" Bye. " I said and disconnected the call.

" Siddharth, what's wrong with you ?? Slow down the car. " I said but he didn't pay any heed to me.

" Siddharth !! Please, slow down !!  "

" What did he say?? " He asked me looking straight towards the road.