26

"you like it?"

"like it? this is amazing! dance studios like this for rent back in my planet are way out of my budget. how long have you been dancing?"

"since i was a kid, it was a good source of escapism i guess."

"damn red, are you bragging?"

"oh no i-"

"you have to show me then!"

"n-no thanks, maybe another time. wait you dance too? how long?"

"since i got dropped at the orphanage as a kid. wasn't the best, i could barely speak the language and so i couldn't really make friends. cheol and them were the first people to really reach out and not only teach me, but care for me. dance was one of those things i could share with them and express myself even though i couldn't speak. it was really relieving y'know? getting to feel heard even though i wasn't saying- oh shit i'm sorry."

"why are you sorry?"

"i just went on this whole speech about how i didn't talk as a kid, kinda redundant right? and plus, i usually don't talk this much. my brothers are usually the talkers, so i'm surprised i'm really just rambling on and on- i'm doing it again! damn it. so, tell me about yourself red. ever killed anybody? you have a secret love for unicorns? you talk to yourself at night? tell me everything." the dark haired boy laid on the floor of the studio, like a girl at a sleepover, legs swinging and all.

minghao fiddled with the hem of his shirtsleeve, trying to come up with the right "everything" to tell the boy in front of him.

'i mean i technically do talk to myself at night, but i don't think that's what he means... do i tell him? no he might think i'm crazy if i show him right away.'

"i uh, i don't talk too much i guess. i mean i can, its just sometimes there are too many things you wanna say in your head and when the time comes around for you to speak- nothing comes out. you know what i mean?"

"for sure! hey holding up a conversation can be difficult as hell, i for one can't blame you at all. you can't force yourself to be comfortable with someone from the beginning, it just- ah you know it just-"

"happens?"

"-happens. yeah. damn red it's like i've known you forever. where've you been all this time?"

"do you want the magical 'fated love story' answer or the 'magical barrier keeping us from ever meeting' answer?"

"i mean i don't care either which way, i just like hearing you talk."

minghao tried his best to keep the ever-growing urges from amour to just gush at jun's small compliment, but he lost slight composure and let himself settle on a slight blush.

jun, on the other hand, was pulling out all the stops. he was one step away from just pulling the red haired boy in just so he can be closer to him.

"junhui?"

"junhui's pretty formal, everyone calls me jun."

"everyone calls you jun?"

"yeah why?"

"then can still call you junhui? i don't wanna be grouped in with everyone..."

jun felt his cheeks start to burn. as much as jun didn't like to admit it, he had a very soft heart. he liked having the cool playboy rep because no one questioned his feeling because they just assumed he didn't really want that kind of connection with someone.

the truth was that he just never found someone who evoked those feelings inside him. no one ever made him curious, or nervous, or happy. but this- this was already much different.