29

twelve boys. twelve boys sitting around a table. twelve nervous boys sitting around a table full of food. twelve nervous boys sitting around a table of food, in silence. 

twelve nervous boys sitting around a table of food in silence... how fun. 

soonyoung tapped his finger nervously on his thigh, because every time he looked up he would see jihoon shoot him an intense look... and soonyoung didn't know why.

'is he... okay?' he thought.

the fae on the other hand, fought the urge to plant his face in his palm. 'this is so painfully quiet... say something soonyoung!' he thought, once again throwing his partner a wide-eyed stare.

maybe something clicked in soonyoung's brain, because his voice cut through the carefully crafted silence.

"so..." he started, unsure of how to lead the conversation. "why is no one eating? c'mon guys- you never say no to food! let's eat!" he exclaimed, reaching toward the center of the table and grabbing a fried egg off the large serving plate.

jihoon smiled, also grabbing some food off the table. "this is amazing! mingyu you must have put in so much effort into making food that suits all of us."

mingyu shot the group a small smile, snaking his hand around the blue-haired fae who nibbled quietly on a spoonful of food, "it was no problem at all! woohoo and i actually had a blast cooking together."

"please don't speak for the both of us, mingyu. i didn't have a 'blast', i just wanted to eat breakfast, so i helped speed up the process."

a small giggle was heard from the other side of the table.

"who's laughing?!"

"sorry woo hyung," the pink boy giggled, lifting his small hand to cover his grin, "it's nothing."

wonwoo simply rolled his eyes, and continued to eat. the others began to chat as well, making a more lively atmosphere. among the chatter, vernon decided to lean in, whispering in seungkwan's ear:

"so... why did you laugh earlier?"

seungkwan didn't know how to explain it, he just knew. however, after the terrible communication back in his room, seungkwan was determined to prolong the conversation between them. 

"well," he started, "the only way i could put this is that i have a really good gut feeling. like, i'm not like hannie hyung who can read minds... but i can feel- feelings?"

"you can feel feelings? isn't that... normal?" the brunette pondered, a small smile growing on his previously stoic face.

seungkwan put his hand to his chin, his cheeks puffing up while he thought of a response. "hmm... i guess you're right. but if you look closely," he whispered, pointing his finger at his ever-stone-faced brother who ate his food. "woo hyung hasn't shrugged off your brother's arm. i know my brother, and things like that don't fly over his radar. that means he likes him... in his own way. i wonder if he just fights the fuzzy feeling he gets in his chest... or if he just doesn't realize how amazing that feeling really is."

vernon followed along with seungkwan's words, eyes set upon mingyu's arm wrapped ever so delicately around wonwoo's shoulder, both enjoying the meal they made together. he whispered back, "so can you feel your brothers' feelings, seungkwan?"

the boy looks over to see seungkwan gazing at his brother, "i can feel everyone in this room, silly." a slightly sad smile set on seungkwan's face, "it feels so good to know that people in this room are happy."

"then why does your smile look so sad?" he asked softly, his hazel eyes set on the fae as he turned around, the baby pink flecks that coloured seungkwan's eyes captivating him more than before.