8

it was now evening, jihoon had spent the whole day trying to answer every question the brothers threw at him.

"your people think we wield dark magic? we don't even think magic is real!" mingyu yelled.

jihoon laughed, "well according to our history, both the fae and imanity were able to wield this magic, but as the years passed the fae were taught that it was just you."

the boys nodded, 

"well wouldn't your king and queen be able to change that? they could see that we're not dangerous and then we could get rid of any bad stigma..." seokmin trailed off.

jihoon's head lowered at the mention of his parents.

"my parents were the worst of them all. they believed in our faux history, they would destroy imanity if they could... th-they were unforgiving, and rude," 

jihoon's eyes started to glow a bright, menacing green as he continues to speak of the former king and queen.

"ji... calm down. are you alright?" soonyoung ran his hand up and down jihoon's back, trying to soothe him.

jihoon's eyes dimmed, and he smiled. "i'm okay, thanks..."

he took a deep breath and continued,

"they took away the things that brought me and my brothers joy. they were... cold."

jun's eyebrows furrowed, "they were?"

"the king and queen passed away last year, forcing my brother to take the crown earlier than expected. majority of our people believe that imanity somehow cursed them with dark magic, hence why it's not very good that i'm out here."

"i would say i'm sorry for your loss... but i don't know if i should be?" vernon said, rubbing the back of his head.

jihoon "don't be. they deserved it. they didn't want what was best for our people. they wanted them to keep hating imanity. but i think that our world will never progress if they're so caught up in needless hate." jihoon huffed, scrunching his nose in distaste.

the boys were quiet. they all despised their biological parents for abandoning them, but at least they had each other. all they wanted were parents of their own; to love, care for and comfort them. they hadn't thought of parents who kept their children, but didn't love them. 

they thought that maybe jihoon wasn't so different from them.

maybe he felt the same.

maybe he yearned for parents that loved him and cared for him.

seungcheol made his way to jihoon, crouching down in front of him.

"well jihoon, we don't have much to offer you. we don't have a big house, magical powers or lots of money... but if you ever needed a safe place to stay, you're always welcome here. everyone has ups and downs in life, but no one should ever feel alone. here, if you need, can be home to you too." seungcheol said softly, breaking the silence.

they then heard soft sobs.

turning their heads, they saw seokmin quietly wiping away his tears.

"seok hyung! why are you crying?!" chan laughed, patting his back.

"i-it's just so b-beautiful and-d... i love moments like this~" he cried, smiling at how lame he must've looked.

the rest of them looked at him, trying to crack jokes and get him to stop crying.

soonyoung felt jihoon lean in to whisper in his ear, "i get why you turned out the way you did, your brothers are lovely."

it was now soonyoung's turn to get misty eyed.