bonus ch - moon and star

five years old.

he was only five years old.

"seonyoung!"

that wasn't his name.

he was only five years old but he knew his name.

"daddy... it's soonyoung! i'm soonyoung!"

*whack*

"i don't care, seonyoung. go grab daddy a drink."

soonyoung held his throbbing red cheek as his little legs carried him over to the kitchen; where he pulled the fridge door open to get a familiar glass bottle. 

little soonyoung carried the drink back over to his dad, careful to not drop it.

he remembered the last time he had dropped it.

he had dropped his dad's drink, the glass shattering all over the tiled floors of the kitchen.

he remembered the deafening sound of the glass breaking into hundreds of pieces.

he remembered the way his dad hit him to the ground because of it.

he also remembered the way his fingers bled when he was forced to pick up every shard of glass, one by one, by himself.

once soonyoung reached his father, he swiped the drink from his son's hands, patting his head softly. "good boy, seonyoung."

"i-it's soonyoung..."

*whack*

"i already said i don't fucking care! now go up to your room, the game is on."

"yes daddy..."

soonyoung made his way up the rickety stairs toward his run-down bedroom. 

soonyoung's parents didn't care much to clean or cook, leaving the poor boy to re-wear his dirty clothes and eat the munchies he stole from the bottom drawer of his parents' dresser. he was young, but he knew that this isn't supposed to be what a family feels like. he would watch movies late at night on tv about real families: happy children, parents who love you, a pretty home with food... he knew that his house wasn't like the movies.

the little boy's bedroom was dirty, littered with his parents' clothes, empty beer bottles, even his old crib which soonyoung still cramped himself into because his parents never bought him a real bed. clinking of bottles and creaking of floorboards could be heard as he made his way to his spot: a little corner soonyoung had cleaned out all by himself, right next to the window.

the moon lit up his room through the small window, and soonyoung pulled his hidden gem: 

a small photo album he had uncovered while looking for something to eat. 

soonyoung cracked open the book, looking over the pictures he had burned into his memory. pictures of his parents and himself as an enfant. they looked like a family from the movies- happy. soonyoung always wondered what happened that made his family fall apart. he flipped through pictures of his father in a crisp suit, and his mother smiling widely by his side. his eyes fell onto a picture of baby soonyoung in the crib, though brand new all those years ago, and his parents smiling down on him.

'what did i do to make them hate me?' 

'they loved me before...'

'do they even know my name anymore?'

these questions raced through his mind as he cried sliently, the moonlight shining on his porcelain skin.

soonyoung slammed the album closed, and a stray photo fell out. he had never seen this picture, and he looked at it in awe. it was an old picture of his mother, dressed in a shiny costume and skates, smiling brightly next to soonyoung's father. he flipped the picture to look at a small bit of writing on the back: