bonus ch - i hate red

jun knew what would happen when he opened the door. he knew what was waiting for him on the other side. he knew that he would have to pretend to be okay. he also knew that he had no other choice than to hide every single feeling and thought he had.

jun's long black hair was tied into a little bun, his red changshan making the small boy look neat and tidy.

'i hate red...' he thought, it made him think of blood.

he took a deep breath before putting his hand on the doorknob, and pushing the large wooden door open.

the putrid scent of dried blood and rotten flesh knocked the air out of jun. no matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't get used to it.

"junhui!" 

the boy tiptoed around the bodies scattered across the floor, occasionally feeling the squish of a hand or foot under his shoe. he tried his best not to squirm at the feeling, as any sign of weakness would destroy him. he eventually made his way to the owner of the voice: his father.

"father... how are you this evening?"

"i'm well. we took down the zhao family a few hours ago, and i want you to have the honour of killing the head of their family. how does that sound?"

'it sounds absolutely disgusting.' he thought to himself. 

"thank you for this opportunity, father. i will do it with pride."

he then left the butcher room, returning to his own chamber. he immediately ran to the toilet, his nose filled with the smell of rotting corpses and excrement as he puked out every morsel of food in his stomach.

the truth is, jun hated hurting people. he wanted to be free, his own person. 

unfortunately, in this world, in this reality, he was only:

"master junhui!" his servants called out, he opened the door to see his servants bowing down on the floor in front of him.

jun looked down and saw blood dripping from their clothes and hands.

'i hate red...'

"get up, i don't want you dirtying the floor with the filthy blood of our enemies."

"yes, young master." the men responded, jumping to their feet; the hideous red stain of strangers' blood made jun's stomach turn.

"young master," a young man called from behind him, causing jun to turn around. the young man's sleek black hair swept to the side, his milky white skin contrasting the dimly lit room.

"what is it?"

"your father would like a word with you, young master."

"thank you, xu ying. sirs, please clean up the floor, the blood is gross."

"yes, master junhui!"

jun made his way through the halls with xu ying, his most trusted bodyguard and errand runner. jun looked at xu ying like an older brother, and since he knew nothing but radical mafia members xu ying was the only one that seemed somewhat normal. 

in moments like these, small windows of silence and privacy, could xu ying and jun be a normal set of boys.

xu ying looked down at jun and mumbled, "hey jun?"

"yeah?"

"do you know what you'll be when you'll grow up?"

"i'll be the head of the wen family."

"... but do you know what that means, jun?"

"it means i'll carry on generations worth of hate and violence toward people i don't know. it means i will be a killer, a felon, an all powerful leader of a family corrupted with madness." he said coldly, his eyes dull and lifeless as he finally got to unload the thoughts that run through his mind every minute of the day.