2

the boy sighed, resting his head back on his pillow "damn it... he wasn't supposed to hear me."

"jihoon!"

the small boy winced at the sound of his name, trying to bury himself deeper into his bed.

"jihoon, i know you're awake. i also know what you did. we need to talk about it."

the boy's blonde hair peeked out from under his blankets, slowly revealing his pale, delicate face.

"jeonghan hyung... i-i'm..." jihoon trailed off, not making eye contact with the boy in front of him.

"sorry? jihoon do you know how much trouble you'd get in if they knew what you used your powers for?!" jeonghan exhaled, ruffling his long lavender hair in frustration.

"i know! but hyung... he was just so beautiful..." jihoon flew out of bed, grinning as his large green fae wings glittered under the sun.

jeonghan let out a long sigh,"hoonie, i know. i knew the moment you started smiling around all of us. i knew the moment you started writing music again. i want you to be happy, i really do. but that's not the way a prince of pleia should act."

"i'm not the king though hyung, you are. the others and i are just the princes, so would it really be a crime if one of them loved an imanity?" jihoon huffed, puffing out his cheeks.

jeonghan's eyes widened. just the thought of a fae and an imanity knowing each other would cause a scandal. 

"i'm not the king yet, hoonie. in a few weeks i will be but right now i'm just your brother. as your brother, please stop this. you know how dangerous imanity are, and i don't want you getting hurt." 

the smile on jihoon's face fell, and his wings drooped in accordance as his head fell in disappointment.

"hyung, i really don't think the imanity are responsible for mom and dad. i don't even think they know we exist! that boy i saw even asked me-"

"he knew you were there?!"  jeonghan yelled, his wings shooting up. his lavender wings were larger than most fae, the brilliant silver glitter that lined them commanded attention from anyone the soon-to-be king wanted.

jihoon didn't dare raise his head at his now furious older brother, "no... i mean he didn't see me see me... you know?"

"no! i don't know! jihoon, as a prince it is also your responsibility to protect our people. you can't just run off and be in love just because you want to!"

the blonde boy's face hardened, now angry. "it's not my fault mom and dad died, forcing you to be king sooner than expected, hyung! let's not forget we used to do this together, you loved that imanity so much mom and dad had to seal off the gateway between our worlds because you couldn't let go of that boy... what was his name? oh right, s-"

"that's enough! you two are always at each other's throats for no reason! i hate watching you guys argue over nothing..."

jeonghan's wings drooped, turning around to see the orange mop of hair standing by the doorway.

"i'm sorry, shua. i didn't mean to make you upset." he walked over and patted the blonde boy's head, "hoonie, i'm sorry. i just want you safe is all. but you can't keep secrets like that, okay? it's dangerous crossing the field between our worlds."

jihoon sighed, pulling his purple haired brother into an embrace, "hyung, when you're king, can't you open the gateway between the worlds again? please, i'm begging you."

making his way over, the orange haired boy, joshua, neatly swept his hair to the side.

"hoon, you know he can't do that. you know who controls the gateway, and he won't budge anytime soon."