7

before anyone had time to protest, soonyoung had rounded up his six brothers and corralled them into their living room.

"soon... it's too early for this. what do you want?" seungcheol rubbed his eyes, the bags under them speaking for themselves.

 "if this is about you wanting to become a pro dancer again, do whatever you want. but i'm not doing those early morning exercises with you anymore hyung." seokmin groaned, not pleased with the early morning meeting.

mingyu groaned, "do i have to be here? i want to slee- that's not fair guys jun hyung fell back asleep!"

"i'm not asleep, assface. my eyes are just like this." jun snapped, extending his reach to mingyu. luckily, seungcheol pulled him back.

the living room broke out into laughter, vernon and chan not being able to hold it in any longer. the boys had begun to yell back and forth, mocking mingyu and squinting their eyes to "be like jun hyung".

that was all it took to wake everyone up.

amidst the madness, soonyoung had almost forgotten the reason for calling everyone down.

soonyoung cleared his throat, regaining the attention of his brothers. "guys, focus okay?"

they nodded and soonyoung continued,

"do you guys remember the book we read yesterday? and that conversation we had about cheol hyung and i hearing... voices?" soonyoung twiddled with his thumbs, waiting for a response.

jun rolled his eyes, "soon that was literally yesterday how could we forget the talk about fairy people and you guys hearing things."

"i still think my idea of them hearing the fairy people is still pretty viable." mingyu threw in.

"hyung, define 'viable'." seokmin laughed, nudging the taller boy lightly.

"i'm not an idiot! i know it made sense in the sentence so stop making fun of me." mingyu whined.

"w-well, i mean i don't think you're an idiot, gyu." soonyoung muttered.

"okay hyung, you're being weird. what is it?" chan leaned in, curious.

soonyoung gulped, "i uh- i-i well..."

vernon stared at him with his mouth open, waiting for words to escape his brother's mouth.

"the fae exist,"

the boys stared at soonyoung, waiting for him to continue.

"th-they're not allowed to see us humans... but gyu was right about a fae being the voice in my head."

mingyu stood and raised his arms high, enjoying the feeling of being right for once.

seungcheol's eyes go wide, "well how do you know soon?"

soonyoung closed his eyes and let his name escape his lips,

"ji?"

before they boys' eyes, a swirl of colour began to appear. unknowingly, the six boys held on to each other tightly, frightened by the odd occurrence. 

soonyoung, however, stood beside the portal, placing his hand just outside of it.

"don't be scared, guys. he's not going to hurt you." he tried to soothe his brothers, smiling brightly at them.

suddenly, a hand came out of the swirl of light, grasping soonyoung's.

the six boys watched as a the boy came through the passage.