10

"you guys move way too quick for my liking." jihoon states, joining the boys who were awestruck.

"... where exactly are we, ji?" soonyoung muttered, too distracted to speak clearly.

jihoon laughed, "well, this is my hideout."

past the big red curtain, was a large studio. though dimly lit, the boys could still take in the details of the room. the walls were lined with bookshelves that held what seemed like hundreds of records and cd's. in one corner of the room laid a plethora of instruments, neatly placed on stands, as well as a shiny black grand piano. there was a little couch and coffee table, where a notebook and pen was placed. 

one particularly large wall had a large words painted in bright red paint: 

woozi's universe factory.

the same words vernon recognized from outside the door.

"who's woozi?" vernon asked, turning to the fae.

"ah... that's me. my brothers would call me 'uri jihoonie' or 'our jihoon' and it got condensed to 'ooji' or 'woozi'. it's kinda stupid but it makes me think of all our good memories."

jihoon stared deeply at the wall, the big red words always had a way of sparking joy in him.

"this is my studio. being a prince, there wasn't much time for me as a kid to just be a kid. however my brothers and i always found a way to invest time into hobbies. mine, was music. this became my safe space, a place where a wasn't a prince, a fae or anyone really... i was just a guy who loved music."

turning away from the wall, jihoon's eyes met with those of the imanities, all smiling back at him.

"you're a really cool guy, jihoon." jun said, making his way forward to place a hand on his shoulder.

"sorry for barging in here..." vernon mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment.

jihoon laughed, "nah, it's fine. it's nice to show off sometimes, the place is pretty cool."

a thought crossed mingyu's mind, "hey jihoon, how did you get all these records and stuff? i thought you weren't allowed to be seen by humans, but you have some of the most recent-"

"just because i'm not allowed to doesn't mean i don't... i just open a portal large enough to- you know- get stuff." jihoon mumbled, he knew stealing was wrong, but he had no other way of getting things from earth that he really wanted.

seungcheol's eyebrows furrowed, "stealing isn't cool, jihoon. from now on if you want something, you can tell us and we'll find a way to get it to you legally okay?"

"but i don't have any way to pay you..."

"then make music with us!" vernon chirped, his big gummy smile lighting up the room.

jihoon cocked his head to the side, "you guys make music?"

"well, not formally. we don't have anything like this, we have some mics and sound equipment. we all just do it as a hobby, but at least if we work together then it'll just be a fun hangout session." vernon smiled, it would be good way to make jihoon feel comfortable around them.

jihoon thought about it, it sounded like fun! what harm could it do?

"i'd like that a lot, thanks vernon." he said, cracking a smile.

"ji, are we allowed to look out of your window?" soonyoung asked softly, " i want to see what your world looks like compared to ours." 

jihoon shot him a big grin, rendering soonyoung's knees weak.