22 1/2

"i'm sorry, what's an icebreaker? is it like- a tool or something?" seungkwan asked softly, his head tilting to the side as he waited for an answer.

seungcheol chuckled, "oh no, it's a figure of speech. i mean maybe we should do something to get to know each other better?"

"that sounds like fun!" jeonghan exclaimed, his violet eyes lighting up with excitement. "i have an icebreaker! how about we break up into our pairs from yesterday and explore the castle. we fae can show you around and get to know each other. that's how it works, right?"

the imanity looked at each other and gave a small laugh, they knew that that's not how icebreakers worked, but they didn't want to correct someone who looked that excited. instead they opted to nod along and just go with the plan.

"that sounds great jeonghan." seokmin smiled, trying to take the attention away from jun who looked like he was going to explode with laughter.

"yay! so the pairs from yesterday, aside from wonwoo and mingyu were... seungcheol and i, joshua and seokmin, jihoon and soonyoung, minghao and jun, vernon and seungkwan... and chan can tag along with whoever he wants!" jeonghan giggled, shooting up from his seat to chan, "who do you want to be buddied up with chan?"

the blonde boy scrunched his nose up in thought, "ummm..." his eyes closed for a second while he thought of the possibilities. "can i go around by myself? i want to get used to the surroundings by alone, it'll be good for me."

jeonghan and seungcheol's faces dropped for a second.

"are you sure that's what you want chan?" seungcheol started.

"yeah, you might get lost... don't you want someone to navigate you?" jeonghan asked, locking eyes with the boy.

suddenly jeonghan inhaled sharply, "you know what? on second thought, it might be good for you." he chuckled nervously, patting his hand on the boy's head.

the rest of the boys got up and started to break off into their pairs, but amidst the commotion jeonghan bent down and whispered in the newly transformed fae's ear.

"i hope you find whatever you're looking for, chan. if you need help, just tell us, okay?"

"thank you, jeonghan hyung." chan smiled, quickly making his way out of the room.

seungcheol walked over to the kitchen where wonwoo and mingyu stood. "hey guys, we're going on a tour of the castle, you guys alright in here?"

"awww i want to see the castle!" mingyu cried, placing down the vegtables he had in his hands. "can we go too?"

seungcheol laughed, "well i mean it would sort of defeat the purpose, because we're only killing time until breakfast was ready."

"of course it's fine!" jeonghan yelled from the dining table. "are you guys hungry?" he asked the other boys, to which they mumbled and agreed they can wait longer in the name of some fun.

"yes! i'm so excited! wait don't you guys have guards- or servants- or something?" mingyu questioned, leaning over the wooden counter.

"we used to," jeonghan started, twirling his hair around his finger, "but not anymore! we figured we should learn how to do things for ourselves." 

"do i really have to?" wonwoo groaned, his eyes rolling so far back into his head you'd think he could see his brain.

jeonghan only sighed, "yes, wonwoo. please? they're our guests, so let's be respectful."

"fiiiiiiine... but if he strikes me as suspicious i'm bubbling him."

"fair, but no killing him. understood?"

"... yes hyung."

"good, let's go! joshua, let us know in a couple of hours when to meet back here, kay?"

the orange haired boy simply smiled, "yes sir!"

and with that, the boys scattered themselves around the castle in their pairs.

hello everyone!

not a full chapter, but an intro to what the next few chapters will be about :)

it's aLonE tIMe baybeeeeeee

till next time, lovelies. (hngg i'm so excited to write these next few chapters) ❤︎