23

jihoon led soonyoung through the halls, hand-in-hand. the blonde boy twisted and turned through the castle, while the taller just struggled to keep up with the pace.

"where are we going, ji?"

the petite boy simply marched on, mumbling something under his breath. soonyoung decided to give up on trying to figure it out and just followed along, not really caring where he went as long as it was with him.

after a few minutes of being dragged around, jihoon finally stopped in front of a large door.

soonyoung stared at it blankly, waiting for any sort of explanation as to what he was looking at. the blonde boy turned around with a large smile set on his face. "you know, you've seen my room and the studio, which are the most important things to me in this castle. however, there's one more room you haven't seen. it's my secret hiding place that no one knows about, except for you. ready?"

soonyoung was touched at the sentiment of it all. jihoon didn't have to share these kinds of things with him; though he didn't want to admit it, the truth was that he's still new to each other. it made him feel happy to know that jihoon had that sort of trust in him, because not many people had such a pure heart from where he was from.

the brunette looked up at the large wooden door, engraved with beautiful flowers and vine patterns. he watched as the fae placed his hands on it and pushed it, as soon as it opened enough for him to slip through he dragged soonyoung in.

the room was pitch black, and as soon as the door closed the imanity couldn't see where jihoon was, how big the room is, or where the door had even gone.

"ji, you know i trust you and all... but i'm sort of- scared of the dark? like i won't cry or anything but this is just a bit-"

"soonie, if you be anywhere you wanted, where would you want to go?" jihoon whispered in the darkness, and no matter where soonyoung turned it felt as if his voice was coming from everywhere.

"u-um, paris? the eiffel tower at night, when it's all lit up... it's always been a dream of mine to see it."

"ah i see..." soonyoung felt jihoon grab his hand and pull him down to the floor. the brunette adjusted on the floor and sat with his legs crossed in the darkness, his hand grasping jihoon's tightly.

suddenly, colours started to float around in the darkness, spiralling around in a large circle that lit up the room. soonyoung looked over at jihoon, who just nodded at him and told him to keep his eyes on the portal. the colours flew around like fireworks on a cloudless night, until the centre opened with a place on the other side.

paris.

at night.

the eiffel tower lit up magnificently against the pitch black sky.

the portal was so large soonyoung almost forgot where he was, as if he were sitting on the lush grass staring at the sight.

jihoon had already seen this sight endless amounts of times. what he hadn't see before, however, was the look of pure joy and astonishment that danced around in soonyoung's eyes. jihoon didn't care to look through the portal, choosing to take in the beauty that was soonyoung right beside him. he watched the way the twinkling lights bounced off of his soft pale skin, the way he smiled at the way the smell of croissants and the sight of people riding their bikes through the street. he soaked up the feeling of soonyoung's slightly clammy hand holding his, the way he would sometimes grasp it tighter when he saw something that made him excited, the way he would caress his thumb across the back of his hand.

this.

this was better than any sight the portal could ever provide him.

more stunning than any man-made building, any movie, food or music.