24

"so what do you want to see first?"

"well, what is there to see?"

"good point haha, ummm let's see..."

seokmin followed the boy through the winding halls of the castle, keeping his eyes glued to the boy's bright orange hair as he stayed behind him.

"i have the perfect place!"

"awesome, take me there good sir!"

joshua giggled, "just follow me, okay?"

"o-okay...?"

joshua broke out into a full sprint, his footsteps sounding further and further away from seokmin as the brunette tried his best to keep close to him at every twist and turn of the castle. for the first time, seokmin was grateful for his morning workouts with soonyoung or else he wouldn't have had a chance of keeping up with the fae. 

at one point, seokmin couldn't hear the echo of joshua's footsteps. he looked around frantically, right in the middle of four different hallways.

"uhhhh, joshua? w-where'd you go?"

"i'm here!" his voice echoed, scaring the poor boy as he let out a sharp yell.

"ah! shit what the hell?!" the brunette clasped his shirt, looking around for the fae. "where are you joshua?"

seokmin felt a poke on the top of his head, "here, silly!"

the brown-eyed-boy shot his head up and locked eyes with a pair of vibrant orange ones; the swirling sunset hues making seokmin's brain fuzzy. above his head, seokmin realized that there wasn't a ceiling above him, but a tunnel leading upward. joshua was upside-down, his glowing orange wings helping him defy gravity. the fae reached his hand out, his sweet smile flashing pearly white teeth.

"follow me, seokmin!"

"i-i don't know how to do that..."

"i know you can't fly, silly. all you have to do it take my hand!"

a light blush dusted seokmin's cheeks as he took joshua's hand softly. the fae giggled softly, "you're going to have to hold on tighter than that, silly!" joshua gripped seokmin's hand firmly and shot into the air, pulling seokmin up with him.

seokmin was surprised by the speed that joshua flew up, feeling some pressure on the shoulder that held his body.

"joshua?!" he yelped, barely able to look up since the wind made his eyes hurt.

"yeah?" the fae replied, focused on flying.

"not to- uh- complain, or anything- but you might dislocate my shoulder! you're going so fast my arm can't support me!" he screamed, his eyes squeezed shut as he tried to drown out his fear of heights and the shooting pain in his shoulder until-

warmth.

seokmin squinted his eyes open to see orange hair, and before he could say anything he was beat by the fae. "i'm sorry, seokmin. i should've thought it through. i'll hold you until we get there... this isn't hurting you, right?"

seokmin thanked his lucky stars that joshua couldn't see how beet red his face was, "n-no, it's good. thank you, joshua."

the brunette fought his desire to nuzzle his head into the crook of joshua's neck, instead finding peace in the feeling of joshua's arms: one secured around his waist and the other holding the back of seokmin's head.

the imanity closed his eyes and relaxed in joshua's embrace, almost verging on sleep. they were flying so fast that to seokmin it felt like they weren't moving at all- that the world might just have stopped and it was just them in that perfect moment. the boy smiled to himself at that notion, something he could look back at and smile.