6

soonyoung felt the sunlight peeking through the blinds, the warm light shining against his smooth skin. 

the tall boy begins to sit up, until he hears a small sigh from beside him.

tilting his head down, soonyoung sees the petite blonde boy still fast asleep; his arms still wrapped around his waist, his chest rising and falling slowly.

he looked peaceful.

to soonyoung, he looked beautiful.

"good morning ji." soonyoung ran his fingers through jihoon's soft tufts of blonde hair, waking him up gently.

jihoon's eyes opened slowly, adjusting to the morning sun.

"good morning, soonie." he whispered, pulling him close and burying his face in the boy's shirt.

'he smells like candy' jihoon thought to himself, pushing his head deeper into the material.

soonyoung smiled at the action, closing his eyes and letting his mind be at ease.

he took a deep breath as he decided to take a risk, he prayed that jihoon wouldn't hear his heart rate pick up.

"so ji... do you want to meet my brothers?" his heart raced, waiting for a response. this was important to soonyoung, since his brothers were the only family and friends he ever had in life.

"..."

"is that a no?" soonyoung pouted, poking the boy's head.

"..."

"ji?" soonyoung asked, looking at the small boy.

jihoon was frozen. he had already broken a big rule by revealing himself to soonyoung, but to meet his brothers would make the situation much more complicated.

"soonie, that's a little hard for me-"

"it's fine. forget it, it was stupid to ask."

jihoon's heart dropped at the tone of soonyoung's voice, it was deeper and more dismissive. he thought of what he had promised the tall before just the night before:

'i want to be the one you love as well, so i'll earn your love!'

caught in his thoughts, jihoon almost missed soonyoung getting out of bed.

the brown haired boy had pulled himself away from jihoon's grasp, rolling out of bed. he was planning on trying to play off his very obvious disappointment; that is, until jihoon grabbed his shirt.

soonyoung, sitting on the edge of the bed, felt the sweet touch of jihoon behind him.

jihoon took his arms and pulled soonyoung into a back hug, resting his head in the crook of his neck. jihoon took his large green wings and wrapped them around soonyoung as well, the two now wrapped in a lime green cocoon.

"soonie, please understand. i broke a lot of rules to be here right now... imanity isn't supposed to know we exist anymore, unless you're a high ranking diplomat or something." jihoon mumbled, trying to show soonyoung how difficult his situation was.

"so... the government knows you exist?"

"yeah, we keep tabs on each other, so as to not break out into another war."

soonyoung nodded, questions starting to buzz around his head.

"ji can you explain our history to me? my brothers found this book and i guess i wanna fact check it."

"what book is it?" jihoon released him from his grip, letting soonyoung search for the book.

soonyoung looked on the floor and found the thick book, assuming it had fallen off the bed from the night before. picking it up, he passed it to the fae, letting him inspect it.