5

the seven boys sat in a circle in the middle of their clubroom. instead of movies, they stared blankly at the book in front of them.

"so let me get this straight," vernon broke the silence, "you and cheol hyung have been hearing voices... and they brought up this imanity thing?" 

the two boys nodded in response.

after seeing the distress riddled on soonyoung and seungcheol's faces upon seeing the book, the five other brothers took it upon themselves to coax the reason out of them.

"and this book is supposed to be the real history of our species?" seokmin continued, an eyebrow raised at his brothers.

they once again nodded in response.

"okay and the fae are another species we used to live with a long time ago?" mingyu asked slowly, trying to piece everything together.

"... yes." seungcheol said, trying to warm them up to all these new concepts.

"like aliens?" chan added in, his large smile spread across his face.

jun's hand came up and smacked the back of his head, "no, stupid... like fairies. right?"

"yes!" soonyoung smiled, glad they don't think they're going crazy.

they all nodded, and silence took over the room.

the boys had read the book cover to cover, taking in the new information. it was surreal to say the least. they had read about the two species, imanity and the fae. they had learned about the physical differences between them, the magic, the war... anything the book had to offer they sucked it up like a sponge. but it left one question for them to ponder:

'is this shit even real?

after reading the book, the brothers talked about the fae and what it would be like to be one.

"i would love to have orange wings..."

"why?"

"they'd be like a tiger!"

"ugh hyung you gotta stop with that!"

"awe c'mon but wouldn't it be cool to see one? i wonder if they're just like us... what if they don't speak our language? or they don't have modern technology?" soonyoung pondered, pressing a finger to his lip in thought.

"i'd love to see them! i wonder if they know about us... do they think we're just a legend too? do you think we'll ever be able to live with them again?!" chan grinned.

mingyu sighed, "well i don't think the language thing is an issue... isn't that what soon hyung and cheol hyung are hearing?"

the others shot him a weird look.

"what do you mean 'that's what we've been hearing'?" seungcheol questioned.

"well, these fae people have superpowers right? who's to say that one of them isn't able to reach out to you guys if they wanted?" mingyu suggested, offering a small shrug.

soonyoung looked at him with wide eyes, "well that would be so fucking cool!"

"alright, alright. i'm tired guys, let's pack up and go?" jun suggested, getting up and dusting off his pants.

"yeah let's go home. let's leave everything like this and have our movie night tomorrow." seungcheol said, picking up his car keys.

the other boys followed suit and got ready to go home.

soonyoung glanced at the book, "hey guys? is it stealing if i took the book home with us?"

mingyu shook his head, "this is our clubroom hyung, and i don't think any of us want it so go ahead."