mom's boyfriend is home!

Hailey's POV
"Unhand Mrs Gonzalez!" Mr Collins shot once more.

Slowly his grip on my hair loosened and he let go of me. I ran hiding behind Mr Collins terrified of him.

"Hailey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I didn't mean to, I swear" he said as if coming back to his senses.

I was so scared at the moment to believe him. After Mr Collins escorted him to the principal's office,  I sat on one of the chairs taking a look at my arms which were now bruised. I cried, this was my fault Jake becoming a monster was my fault, Liam getting beat up was my fault.

I lifted my head when the door suddenly opened to reveal Liam. I needed him right now. I jumped in his arms.

"It's my fault. Everything... everything is my fault. I'm sorry Liam. I'm so so sorry" I cried on his chest the more as he ran his hands in my hair soothingly.

"Hey hey, don't beat yourself up. It was not your fault. Hailey look at me, it was not your fault"

As much as he said that to make me feel better, I couldn't help but still think it was my fault. After school was over he took me home, we didn't talk and I felt like that was the best thing at the moment. Talking would only complicate things more.

Waving weakly and slowly watching his mustang drive away, I sighed noticing the sheriff's car on our driveway. Great! My mom's boyfriend is home!

"Are you flirting?" Mom giggles greeted me on my way in.

"Is it working?" And the other voice which was Hank's followed.

I walked past them pretending not to note their presence. Rushing upstairs so fast, I locked my room shut and cried. I'm not one to get emotional but today I had to. I had to let it all out.

"You know your mom tells me you don't like me that much" I slowly lifted up my head from bed to see him leaning against my bedroom door.

I didn't say anything. Not this guy.

"Look, Hailey. I'm not here to replace your dad, on the contrary I'm here for the woman downstairs. The woman who's worried sick about your well being" He inched closer to my bed and I scooted to give him some room on the bed.

"I-I never said I hate you"

"You know what else your mom told me about you?"

"What?" I wiped my tears once more.

"That you are a liar and quite stubborn. But most importantly, you are strong. Now I'm not your dad but whatever is going on right now, I'm here for you. Me and your mom are"

With a sigh he turned to leave.

"Wait"

Getting up from bed I hugged him, my hands clasped together behind his back as I buried my head in his chest.
The most weird part is that for a guy who ruffles up delinquents in the slammer, who knew that he was this...this soft? He was surprised by my action but his hands soothed my hair and I realised that Hank Freeman wasn't a bad guy.

"Now to more important matters, who did that to your arms?"

Liam's POV

It was hard seeing her in this state. Back in the car I was so worried she didn't talk to me and what ached me more was the fact that her arms were red courtesy of Jake Reeves that bastard! Kate always warned that violence was never the answer but Jake Reeves had gone too far.

Hurting me was one thing but Hailey? He had crossed the limits. After dropping Hailey home, I decided to go home. Things were complicated. If Kate saw my face she would definitely know that I was involved in a fight and that wouldn't end well for me.

Now being the Liam Lopez, I wasn't gonna let this slide.

~•~
"My sister isn't here but I'm sure my nephew is" the cheerful woman told me making sure now and then that she touched my arm when she talked and laughed.

"Do you want an ice pack for that?" She pointed to my eye.

"As I said Mrs..."

"Cindy, call me, Cindy!"

"Ok, Cindy. I'm here for your nephew and if he's not around I'll be leaving then"

I stood from the couch but she was quick to grab my arm.

"I never said he's not in darling. He's in his room dear"

Bloody hell! Then why did I spend a whole half hour chatting with you?
I headed for his room, kicked the damn door open. And there he sat on his bed, humming to the song coming from his headphones.

"You son of a bitch!" I took two strides to where he was, yanking his shirt ready to have an epic showdown. As I said, Jake Reeves hadn't gotten the punishment he deserved. He hurt Hailey and I was gonna hurt him the more.

I was about to throw a punch to his face when his hand tried to block it. I held back, my eyes caught by the dolphin neck chain in his hands. It couldn't be? Could it? It can't be?

That's the same one.

"Where did you get that? Where the hell did you get that?"

"It's mine!"

*********************
Hola my dear readers so it's been long since I updated but I'm set on finishing my first story 🙈😄

So please please don't forget to vote and drop your thoughts on it and put a smile on my face 😄😃😃

Vote vote vote...share share share