friends?

Liam's POV

"Can we be friends?"

Her words rung in my mind. Friends?! Right.. that's what we were anyway. Those words hurt alot....friends? friends?!

I felt like a dagger had cut one of the veins that supplied my heart with blood. I almost choked on the bitter saliva that clogged my gut. Was this how it felt to be heartbroken? I mean this was worse than having a motorbike accident, it was alot worse...much worse.

That feeling when your whole body feels like jelly and could topple down at anytime. That feeling where gravity wins and is now pulling your heart underneath your feet. The feeling of rejection...When Kate urged me to confess my feelings I thought it would be a lot easier. The way Kate encouraged me, hell I thought that I would get the girl....turns out the girl wants us to be friends.

I smiled trying to not to show the hurt that had now taken my whole body," Sure. Friends it is"

I opened the car's door in a hurry jumping in the driver's seat and drove away. The thunderous beating of my heart made me cringe, I grumbled and mattered as I wrested with the steering wheel taking a corner and pulling in on Maddie's drive way.

I needed her right away. To help me forget about everything or more so to help me forget Hailey.

Hailey's POV

All that was for me? I stood there for some minutes clueless as to what to say to him.

Thanks?!
Or
Gee! See Liam I'm confused. I don't wanna hurt Jake because I like him and I also like you...

Coming up with something, I blubbered out," Can we be friends?"

He hesitated for awhile before putting on a smile and replying,"Sure! Friends it is"
Then he left without saying a word and as much as I hate to admit it, a part of me left with him. I could tell that I hurt him, my conscience gnawed on me even as I stood across our house. Tears stung my eyes I don't know why..maybe it was guilt or maybe it's what I failed to say that made me want to shed tears.

I knew that things wouldn't be the same again between me and Liam...

                ✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓

Two weeks later

" Delgado, you better put some effort into it or I'll come up there myself and show you how it's done!" Our gym teacher blew her whistle telling us to get in line.

I always hated gym class and more so the evil person who invented it. I looked up at Zee who for almost twenty minutes had tugged on the vertical rope that hung from the ceiling. Next in line was me and I sucked at it, especially when our gym teacher, Mrs Hazel kept calling us wimps.

Let me tell you climbing that rope was harder than it looked. Especially for me and Zee we sucked at outdoor activities and our gym teacher didn't help either. I always thought that her life went wrong and that's why she called us wimps because she was a bigger wimp.

After putting much effort into it, Zee finally came down making me the next victim. I tugged on the rope, my legs carefully clasped between it as I tried moving up. For once I was doing it, like literally climbing that damn thing but that didn't take too long....

There i was finally climbing the rope like a true pro but my head had to tilt the other side catching a glimpse of Maddie. My eyes lingered on her hands which were entwined with someone's across the room. She put on a smile even after Liam put his hands on hers trying to teach her how to throw a dodge ball.

She licked her lips seductively as Liam stood behind her. The proximity between them made my heart wanna shatter. The way they exchanged looks as if they were madly in love made my hands weak leading to my unexpected fall.

"Ponytails, take fifty! Now!" Mrs Hazel screamed at me. My back hurt so badly, it felt as if my vertebral column had suddenly broken and my eardrums almost burst due to how loud Mrs Hazel blew her damn whistle.

"Are you okay, Hailey?" Zee asked.

"Couldn't be more fine" I said dryly waking up from the floor of shame and ready to do fifty push-ups.

I looked at them but more so I looked at him. He is a cheat!A stupid liar! 'I love you' he said, 'you are special' he said! He was bluffing! How come he moved on too quickly? He was all over Maddie like a love struck puppy. Couldn't he wait for me at least? Or maybe Maddie had given Liam some love potion...

Oh God! Why did I feel like crying? Was it because of Mrs Hazel who kept shouting at me tauntingly or was it because I was jealous? Jealous that it took him two weeks to forget me!

"You gonna cry baby girl? You gonna cry?! Pathetic!" Mrs Hazel continuously made me feel much worse that my tears were only a few inches away from falling to the ground.

I moved my body up and down as i steadied my hands on the ground. My back still aching from the fall.

"Can I help?" He asked my goosebumps popping up at the tone of his voice.

▼・ᴥ・▼▼・ᴥ・▼▼・ᴥ・▼▼・ᴥ・▼

Not the best chapter but I have been busy so sorry for the late update

Anyway again I'm requesting y'all to give your suggestions on the new title 😢😃

Nice time...vote, comment and share😌