Robert?!

Hailey's POV
"Do you still chant Nana's old prayer?" He asked shutting my window and standing in the dark waiting for me to be all happy and run to him as if everything was okay between us.

I didn't have to switch on the light to know that it was him!

"Pumpkin, aren't you gonna hug me?"he said striding over to me and switching on the lights himself.

His ripped jeans exposing one of his knees, his black velvet jacket swung over his shoulder, he had even grown a little stubble but other than that he still had that smirk that my mom fell for.

"What are you doing here, Robert?"I asked my voice cracking a bit, as tears blinded my eyes.

Last time I saw him, he had changed he was a jerk, he hurt us! Mum did everything for him, she loved him, I loved him but he left us......he left us for a younger woman close enough to be my age!!

"Pumpkin, is that how you greet your dad?" He asked stretching his arms out and reaching for a hug but I stepped away from him.

"Don't call me pumpkin! You stopped being my dad, when you left us, when you hurt mom. You don't deserve to be called my dad,"I shouted tears now flowing freely down my cheeks.

"Correction, you left me! You and Lily left me but that doesn't matter, I'm here to take you home," he said stroking his hair that carelessly fell on his face.

"You left us no choice, dad!What did you expect us to do? Stay with you, together with your mistress, huh?" I asked both of us shocked when mom suddenly flung the door open.

"Honey, what's with the noise?",she asked totally clueless of dad's presence.

"Lily, my love. Well,you still look stunning as always," he said, smirking outrageously.

"Robert?!!," My mom stood utterly shocked as she clutch to the straps of her sky blue night gown.

"Now that we're all reunited we can go back home!",he said excitement in his voice.

"Robert, are you serious? We're not going anywhere with you!" My mom exclaimed hiding me behind her shoulders.

"Why Lily? Is it because of your lover? Huh? The guy you replaced me with?"

Ever since I was young, I admired what mom and dad had, that new found love that always ignited every time they looked at each other. I looked at him realising that he had come back to our lives to ruin what we had, and now even as he accuses mom of having a lover, I'm dumbfounded.

"Would you shut up, Robert!!" Mom hissed at him as if there was some truth to what he said.

Dad angrily paced across the room shaking his head unbelievably before he looked up at me and said," So you've not introduced him to our daughter yet?"

"Mum what's he talking about?"I asked tightly nudging her hand.

"It's not what you think",she looked at me clasping my cheek with her hand, meaning that what dad said had some truth to it.

No wonder she came home late in nowadays, she was sleeping with someone!! She had a lover!!

"Tell her, Lily!!Tell your daughter, you're sleeping with the sheriff!" My dad shouted as I quickly removed mom's hand from my cheek.
These two were both liars!Hypocrites!

"Hailey, no it's not what you think! Robert shut up!"she exclaimed her wide hazel brown eyes trying to seek forgiveness in mine.

No! I had to get away from here, from all this so I ran out, away from them, away from home... wiping the endless tears that choked me.

Few hours later
"Another shot!" I snapped at the bartender who for the next couple of hours had stared at me and he had every reason to be because I had no money on me.

"Enjoying yourself?" I turned my head slightly to the person seated next to me.

"Just what I needed! Are you stalking me?" I asked finishing the mug of cold beer settled before me.

"Are you sure you're even old to be drinking?"he asked.

"What's it to yah?" I asked rolling my eyes and turning to the bartender for another drink.

"Enough, Hailey. Look at you, you look horrible, lemme take you home!" Standing next to me, he removed his black jacket and covered my shoulders.

"No, Liam...take me somewhere else other than home," I said before he placed his arm around my waist and helped me up, carefully placing a hundred dollar bill on the counter.

His jacket smelled so good, I sniffed in the body spray that covered his jacket, his body spray lingering in my nose like a sweet aroma of lavender. Even as he rode the bike, his eyes beneath the black helmet looking straight ahead at the destination i didn't know of, I smiled, thankful that he was here!

I didn't ask a question simply because I was a bit drunk and also tired of crying. I had no clue where we were but it was better because it wasn't home.....

Opening the door, he led me into a room, neat and cozy. The wooden designed chairs gleamed in the light as a small flat screen TV lay on a black cabinet, the woolen colorful rugs on the floor completed the whole look together with the king-size bed that lay in front of me.

"You can stay here for the night,"he said handing over the key to me and moving for the door.

But I needed him to say the least, I wanted him here....

"Liam, don't go.. please," I said reaching for his hand and he moved swiftly towards me, passionately taking me into his arms.

I couldn't control it,I sobbed furiously, my body shaking, my head buried in his shoulder as I felt his arm tighten around my waist, his hand stroking my hair gently. I pressed so close to him that I could hear the beating of his heart,the feel of his body on mine...

Pulling abruptly from him, I looked at him, his eyes having the same longing as mine, so I leaned in on his lips that looked so damn inviting!

I kissed him, but he didn't kiss back, his lips shut but at the same time trembling against mine.

Pulling me back he said," Hailey, you're gonna regret this in the morning," his hands now parting from my waist but I held them.

"No I won't!Kiss me, Liam. Kiss me," I moaned before he brushed his lips on mine.........

♡˖꒰ᵕ༚ᵕ⑅꒱♡˖꒰ᵕ༚ᵕ⑅꒱♡˖꒰ᵕ༚ᵕ⑅꒱♡˖꒰ᵕ༚ᵕ⑅꒱♡(>
Hola my readers🤲🤲

Another chapter, sorry for the late update but I really hope you enjoy this chapter just like I enjoyed writing it...

Also thanks for the support, we've reached 2.6 k and that's worth celebrating 🤗🤗

Leave your thoughts on it

Stay safe
Be happy