..... you like Jake

Dedication to Christian O'Neil

Liam's POV
I must be losing it , literally losing it. I sat there on my bed  carefully contemplating what had happened earlier.

This new feeling was profound and strange. I remember when we arrived at the Sheriff's office, the way Hailey seemed fine despite her mother being behind bars. Thanks to my dad's connections with the Sheriff, he easily agreed to set Lily free.

Turns out Lily had been arrested for not only overspeeding but for also insulting the sheriff when he pulled her over. What can say he should be glad he wasn't punched like me! Because it damn hurt!

I watched them as they took a cab, Hailey mouthing a 'thank you' after she was settled in the car..

Get it together man!! Don't be like Justin all mushy, all weak and crazy about one girl. Come on, I can have any girl I want but why her?

Why does my brain constantly think about her every second, every minute, every hour and every day? My heart actually beats fast everytime I'm near her.

Maybe it was lust? No it can't be lust? What I feel for Hailey is much more than that! I get practically excited everytime we taunt each other. I get mesmerized by the way she handles herself, she's not all nails and hair like most girls who, might I say their looks matter to them most than anything.

Maybe I'm going insane, insane for her. Just the mere thought of her smile makes me also smile. Her attitude is what I like best, she absolutely lets no one get to her emotionally, she's mean at times, sassy, irritating but most of all she's brave.

What sort of girl doesn't freak out or cry after seeing her mum behind bars?
Liam what's going on with you? This girl makes me totally nuts...... should I tell her what I feel when I'm not even sure what it is I'm feeling.....

And if I tell her, who knows she might punch me again or do something worse...Then there is, Jake, that pretty boy, who knows she might have already fallen for him!

The thought of them together made me psychotic mad. Then Maddie!! Another crazy woman in my life who can't seem to understand that there's absolutely nothing in common between us.

How did my life get so messed up?

**********************************
Next day
Hailey's POV
"I hope today you don't have plans like yesterday," Jake said leaning against the locker next to mine.

"Not at all," I said picking some books from my locker.

"Okay same place, same time?" He asked cheerfully.

" Sure," I said as Jake walked away, he had football practice I guess.

I was in the middle of locking my locker when someone hugged me from behind.

"I've missed you, bestie!" of course it had to be Zee, but I was still mad why the heck had she abandoned me all of a sudden?

"Really now?" I said raising one of my eyebrow at the brunette girl standing in front of me.

" Yes, you're my bestie! The only one, I was busy with somethings," she said.

" Busy with what, Zee? That guy of yours?" Yeah that's right, I was jealous of him she had my bestie all to himself.

" First of all ruude, second of all nope I was occupied with some issues at home,"

"Oooh okay. Well, I thought you ditched me for Justin," I said, relieved that my bestie, my Zee was back. Okay that sounded weird coming from me but whatever she was my best friend!!

"Speaking of Justin, you've also been occupied with Jake so don't you point fingers at me, you like him, look at both of you hanging out everyday,"

I was tongue-tied did I like him? Of course he was like ' prince charming' in every girls' dreams ...buuut one thing is, I hated prince charmings since I was a little girl, no wonder the movie would end after the prince got the girl, coz they knew the after that, their marriage would be so boriiiing!

Say what you will, but i didn't want that, the relationship where after they confess their love fo one another, life would be all cupcakes and rainbows! Hell no! I wanted something fun and exciting..

I was looking for someone out there with flaws for me to rectify, someone fun and exciting, someone cheerful, someone who was the opposite of me doesn't like what I like, doesn't do things he doesn't want just to please me..... and the list goes on and on.

The thing with pretty boys was that, once you are in a relationship, it's all about chocolates and flowers, all trying to be romantic to keep the relationship aflame, naah that wasn't me I ain't like other girls out there.. I hate chocolate and I'm allergic to flowers...

"Yeah I like him.....",Before I could finish my statement Zee was jumping clutching my fingers shouting like a nine year old.

"I knew it. You like him. You like Jake!" she exclaimed before stopping and looking behind me, so I did the same.

It was just Liam, standing there glaring at me before turning around and walking away. Shocker?! Sometimes we were friends, other times he'd ignore me but the look he gave me was more of  anger, disappointment and rage all together.
Now what the heck was his problem this early?

Turning to Zee,I snapped at her," God,Zee! Would you lower your voice, what if Jake heard you? You didn't even lemme finish, I like Jake but only as friend, you know an ally, so stop it!"

" Oooh, then it's a good thing Liam heard what I said instead of Jake. This would have been a huge disaster,girl. Phew!"

▼・ᴥ・▼▼・ᴥ・▼▼・ᴥ・▼▼・ᴥ・▼

Again sorry for the short chapter, but I've been kinda busy so I tried my best to update another chapter.......

There might be some grammatical errors but bear with me..

Happy reading and also don't forget to vote and comment for our dear Hailey ❤️❣️

Jojoestiel 🍂