You're... mean

"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you will really stop to look fear in the face"_

Hailey's POV
He smiled sardonically, pulled me so close that his breath wet my forehead the he whispered, "I could also give you a kiss, if you want it that bad!"

Smiling sweetly I whispered, "I  haven't hit that rock bottom yet! "

And with that he was back to his little space in the corner of the closet. So far so good, Zee and Justin were too busy making out while Liam and I suffocated in Justin's closet.

The silence was broken when Maddie burged in,with the help of some jocks and she spoke plainly,"Sorry to break the little reunion here,but has anyone seen Liam,I can't find him anywhere."

" I left him downstairs"Justin said vaguely.

" As I said I didn't find him,can you just get your ass up and help me find him, Justin."Maddie exclaimed rudely,she was used to treating people like her slaves,but someday I'd change  all that.
Justin was hesitant at first but I could see Zee pat his shoulder, assuring him that it was okay with her.

"Come on,chop-chop",as she clapped her hands while Justin walked out of the room behind her.

Some minutes later,Zee also walked out after cleaning her dress.Hurriedly I made for the closet's door as Liam followed behind.

"Phew, thank God they are gone. I was beginning to sweat alot. "I said happily.

" Correction, you were already reeking of sweat! Anyway it's time to party, mission accomplished. We make a pretty good team, Redhead."He smiled appreciatively reaching for a handshake.

"Yeah.... Yeah, we do. Pleasure doing business with you," I smiled, this was actually the first time we were getting along without fighting.

Bowing humbly he said, "Pleasure is all mine."

"Let's go parrrty! A word of advice, Lopez, wait a bit after I'm gone for you to walk out, we wouldn't want Maddie to get the wrong idea. "
And I left feeling proud of myself, I united two love birds, if only it was that easy with mum and dad.

Pushing those thoughts from my mind, as soon as I was downstairs, I went to the counter and took one red cup to the dance floor.

Zee was dancing jubilantly next to her prince charming and I was happy for her. I started jumping, dancing to the rhythm of the music as I emptied the contents of the red cup in my mouth.

******************
Liam's POV
Maddie kept dancing next to me as I watched Hailey across the dance floor, enjoying herself with a couple of drinks.
She danced gracefully as she shoved her hair in her face due to how high she was jumping.

Looking at me, she gave an ear to ear smile and her eyes grew wide with excitement. And boom! It was then that I knew she was drunk, there was no way sober Hailey would give me a smile,not in this lifetime!

I shifted my thoughts back to the girl beside me, Maddie,the girl I had long ago saved from an angry Ash Delgado.
From then on, she clung to me like her knight in shining armour, so when she asked to be my girlfriend I had no choice but to say yes.

"Come on,Lee.Dance with me," Maddie pulled me too close to her, leaning for another kiss but I backed away giving a lame excuse of needing a drink.

Going to the counter,I was about to take another drink when I saw Hailey sipping in another drink.Damn! Wasn't she aware of spiked drinks in parties or was this her first party?Heck even the type of clothing she had worn would make her subject to victimized rape.