...she's mine

Liam's POV
Her words made my heart achieve a calm pulsating rhythm, a profound feeling brought a cooling breeze to my body. Sure my back was sore from how bad she'd hit me but she loved me! She fucking loved me!

I looked at her face, it seems she had been crying for long. Seeing her tears made me wanna wipe them away, seeing her cry made me cringe, it was as if I felt her pain but question is; Was she crying for me? At first I intended to decline her love, but my dumb heart was too stupid to let her go!

Every being of my body wanted her, damn I blame myself for being this vulnerable and weak to her. I loved her so much that seeing how restless she was made me wanna kiss her but no, right now she needed a hug and that's what I did.

I hugged her making her feel that my heart beat only for her, for her only, no one else! I caressed her silky hair as she lay still on my chest, her little sobs making me grip her waist tighter.. that was before Blake interrupted us,"Are we interrupting something?"

We both backed away from each other our eyes landing on the other dudes. I was about to open my mouth when an angry Jake Reeves toppled me over," How dare you!! How dare you, touch her! She's mine!," He thundered angrily before delivering a punch on my jaw.

I could see Hailey trying to pull him on top of me, her watery eyes fixated on me. Well if it wasn't for my buddy Justin and the rest of the gang getting him off me, the guy might have killed me for sure. He stood up his right hand tightly gripping Hailey's wrist as he pulled her out... away from the locker room.. away from me...

Hailey's POV
I had never seen him this mad before, he was hurting me but I didn't say a thing. I was at fault I deserved this. I wiped the fresh tears on my cheeks even after Jake dragged me across the hallway and into one of the homerooms, before banging the door behind him.

"What was that? Huh? What was that, back there?" He asked his eyes dilating every time he paced across the room before me.

To be honest, all I really cared about was Liam at this second. Jake had pretty much left him half dead as the rest of the jocks tried lifting him up from the cold floor.

"I'm sorry..hic-cc..I'm terribly hic..sorr-hic," my hiccups got in the way as I stood there meekly not knowing what to say to make Jake feel better. The surprising part was seeing Jake's expression as he realized the tears that were freely flowing down my cheeks.

He inched closer to where I stood his index finger wiping away the tears on my cheeks. But it wasn't the same, it wasn't the same as how Liam soothed me, he wasn't Liam and I was lying to myself and to him also.

"Hush, I'm here now. I'm sorry, Hails. You know I love you right?" His lips landed on my forehead before I pulled away from his embrace.

"It's Hailey," I corrected him. Only Liam called me by that name, only he had the right to call me by that name. His brows tightened a bit before he let the little outburst go and he opened his arms, forming a smile a bit.

"I love Liam, Jake. And I'm sorry..sorry for leading you on. Sorry for lying to you but I can't hide this, what I feel for Liam, it's unexplainable and I didn't mean it, I ..hic-cc..swear," I spat blaming myself for being too weak to continue because of the tears that had for long refused to retreat back.

He stood there for a minute, as he rubbed the back of his neck, biting his lower lip a bit.

"Why, you little ingrate! You love him now? You love him, huh?!,"he shouted lifting one of the chairs and throwing it half across the room.

He walked towards me, his eyes becoming more ferocious than ever. I stepped back...

Nothing is going to happen, this is Jake. Sweet Sweet Jake.

I assured myself, I mean sure he was angry but he wouldn't do anything crazy. He's Jake, the sweetest guy I've met. And with a couple of reassuring words from my subconscious I stood still waiting for what he'd do.

*****
"You're hurting me!," I cried as Jake yanked my ponytail from behind. His body in close contact with mine, he whispered inside my ear,"You're mine, Hailey. All mine," his fingers trailed on my thighs as I felt his breath fan my neck as he drew his lips near my neck.

I was too scared trying to contemplate if this was the same Jake I knew. " J..J.Jake  this is not you. Jake! Please stop! I'm s..s.sorry," I trembled frightfully before the door was opened and there stood....

"Young man, unhand Mrs Gonzalez right now!", Mr Collins shot.