put his ass in the slammer

Hailey's POV
"Do you want me to put his ass in the slammer for you?" Hank asked sweetly.

Taking another tissue, I let out a snort snuggling my pillow so tight.
Putting Liam in jail wouldn't get rid of whatever pain I felt. The pain that for the past three days hadn't subsided. I sent him voicemails, called him, texted him. I even tried to video call him but from all that it was either his phone kept ringing or the call got cut.

Mom and Hank had tried their best to cheer me up but I wasn't in the mood. The pain was unbearable, one that could not be seen but still managed to eat me from the inside. It hurt so much.

"No need. I'm fine," after a long moment of silence I retorted wanting him to get out of my room and leave me to wallow in my misery.

"Now if you need anything I'll be downstairs remember that, okay?"

I slightly nodded. I could feel his pitiful gaze on me before he stood up from my bed and went for the door.

"Pumpkin!" Dad's voice boomed in my room which startled me and Hank too.

"What are you doing here? Don't tell me you live here too?," Dad asked his question directed to Hank who at the least bit didn't seem happy.

"Robert don't do this. At least not here"
I appreciated Hank's concern and to say the truth I didn't want to see dad right now. I knew him and he would only make things worse. Stir up a fight with Hank instead of checking up on his heart broken daughter.

"Listen here, Henry. You might have taken away my wife but you will not take my daughter away from me. She's my daughter and only I get to make her feel better!"

"First of all, it's Hank and second of all, Hailey is my daughter as well and pretty soon...I'll be her dad so deal with it," Hank said pushing Dad's chest with his hands.

"How dare you rub that in my divorced face?"
And as much as I wanted to stop what was going to happen, I didn't have it in me. Before Dad's fist landed on Hank's face, my mom showed up.

"I can't believe you two! Get out both of you, out!" She stressed the t and both men left.

"Hailey? Things can't go on like this,"she started making swift foot movements to my bed.

"I love him mom. He- he means the world to me," I cried.

"Look, highschool romance is one of the wonderful things we get to enjoy but it teaches you alot. That, just because you think you are madly in love, it doesn't mean he's the guy you'll spend the rest of your life together with. Look at me and your dad. Things didn't work out. I thought I would die without him but look at me now. I left him and fate led me to Hank"

Liam's POV
"Hey, Lopez. Hailey again. Um- L-liam I still love you. You know that, right? Jake is just a friend and I'm sorry. Sorry if you going through a lot right now but please don't do this to me"

I smashed the wall right next to me. I missed her. Breaking up with her was one of the dumbest mistake I'd done so far. I wanted to answer her calls as she cried her heart out. I wanted to text back when she sent cute texts but something stopped me.

Something that involved Kate and Jake.

Lee he says the only way he can accept me as his mother is if you...if you break up with Hailey

Once Kate spat out those words to me, there's no way I could go back. I loved Hailey, I really do but I also loved my mom. No matter of fucking hurt, I chose the latter. I chose family.

Maybe this was supposed to happen because I knew as long as my new found brother and I lived under the same roof, there's no way my relationship with Hailey would work out. Jake Reeves was an evil bastard!

One that took advantage of Kate and me.

I sat on my bed wishing so much that I was an orphan. Wishing so fucking much that my mom was still around. She would get me. She would be here for me unlike my family that forgot me in an instant when Jake came over for dinner at times or to stay over at weekends...

One thing that made me not to give up, not to lose the tiny bit of hope I had was school. At school I would see Hailey and everything that I felt would go away, vanish like nothing ever happened.