I don't get it, Hailey..

Hailey's POV
"Are sure you'll be fine?" My mom asked putting in some few documents in her handbag as she left for work.

My periods had began and like most girls my cramps took a toll on me. Today was almost like a sick day, no school.

"Yes, mom. I'll be fine." I said weakly as mom kissed my forehead and left for work.

I gulped down the painkillers as I headed for the kitchen to grab something to eat. After stuffing myself with some chocolate muffins I lay down on the couch, the remote in hand.

No sooner had I switched on the TV when the doorbell rang. Dad? Probably him. He had insisted on making our family whole again, it was his obsession. I opened the door, coming face to face with the magnificent scent of peach.

He looked so dashing in that black shirt that clung to his body so perfectly. He smiled delightfully at me, but look at me.....I was a mess, my hair was in a messy bun, my cheeks covered with chocolate and I was still in my PJs.

"So can I come in?"he asked as I spotted a small bag in his hand.

"Yeah, come in," I said gently closing the door.

He hugged me then gave me a quick peck on the cheek that left my face flushed a little.

"You could have called, Jake. Look at me, I'm a mess," I said.

"What ? No? On the contrary, you look beautiful as always,"he winked but still look at me..

"You just saying that to make me feel good. And why aren't you in school right now, mister?"I asked looking at the small bag that he tried to hide from me.

"What? You always look good in anything you wear. Plus I had to check in on my girl...see if everything is A OK,"

"I'm fine you didn't have to miss school coz of me, Jake. What if your parents find out?"I asked suddenly remembering what Dylan said to me yesterday. It's clear his parents didn't love him as their own.

"Don't worry, Hailey. It sounds like you want me to leave."

"No of course not. I'm just concerned, Jake," I said because I was damn worried judging form how serious Dylan put things yesterday. I'm sure the relationship with his parents wasn't that good.

"Enough of school! I brought you something," he smiled giving me the small bag.

I opened it in an instant, only to find five bars of Kit Kat and some candy. How did he know? I looked at him his my face blushing at the kind gesture.

"You shouldn't have! All this? I'm gonna get fat,"I whined.

"You never get fat! Perhaps this will ease your pain," he said rubbing the back of his head, so cute!

"Okay but we'll have to share,"I said pulling his hand to the couch.

Minutes later

"This is dumb," Jake said biting off the last bar of Kit Kat. In case you wondering we were both lying on the couch, I was on top of him binge watching the twilight saga.

He held my waist and I for once had my hand on his chest. I realized that Jake was the one for me, he was so sweet, so caring and so loving. Somewhere deep in my heart enjoyed his company. I think I liked him.

Being with him made me happy no guilt, no fear of anything....being with him made me forget 'you know who'. Now lying next to Jake on my mom's couch listening to the rate at which his heart thumped felt great...unlike making out in a deep shit closet that smelt of mops and dead rats.

"Shhh Jake, you ruining the moment"

"I don't get it, Hailey. Why is it so hard for her to choose?" He asked and I couldn't help but laugh at how confused he was. Boys never get how love works.

"Can't you see, she's conflicted. On one hand is Edward, the love of her life and on the other hand is Jacob, her best friend. They both mean a lot to her but she loves the other more,"I explained rubbing circles on his chest that had now been covered by his black shirt.

"Can I say something? Please don't laugh but I still don't get it," he frowned one of his eyebrow and obviously I laughed.

"Hey? No laughing at me!" He said now tickling me as I laughed so hard my hair falling on my face.

"Stop, Jake!.. stop!" I continued laughing pushing his hands away from my waist.

We were suddenly interrupted when his phone rang. Backing away from me he answered the call, then looking at me he mouthed that he had to go.

"Now? Stay for a while," I whined clutching his arm even as he stood up.

"Dylan needs something I gotta go but I'll text you, sweetheart. Love yah," he said now kissing me on the lips. His peach scent filled my nostrils and his warm lips so gentle....

After he left I went back to the same warm couch that we had lay on for almost five hours, inhaling his masculine scent. I rearranged the cushions on the couch before the doorbell rang for the second time today. He must have forgotten something.

"What was he doing here?"he asked roughly entering my house.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"Jake? Why did he kiss you? And why would you allow that? Speak up, Hailey!"he yelled piercingly. His eyes filled with rage..

"First of all I owe you no damn explanation for spending time with my boyfriend. Second were you spying on us? You sicko!"

"That's not the issue here. I thought we had something going or you just gonna throw that away?"

"Wow?! Liam! Just wow? What we have going? Throw it away? Exactly what do we have going? Am just one of those stupid girls you make out with when Maddie isn't around, right? Those stupid girls you make out with in the closet! I was such a fool! Such a fool for listening to your sweet talks. Now kindly escort yourself out! I never want to see you again, Liam Lopez!" I snapped trying to keep the tears that for so long had choked me.

His eyes had this new look as if what I had just said was unbelievable then he left....and I cried....

^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

I couldn't wait to update so here's another chapter
Please don't forget to leave your thoughts on it 😃
Vote, vote and vote🤲🌟

Today I have a special request, if you loved this story also check out my new story,'A beautiful mistake' it would mean a lot 😝😄

Byeee😝 Nice time y'all😜