.... Puberty I guess?

Hailey's POV
The next couple of weeks had caught me off guard totally!

I remember clearly the way Jake had blindfolded me with a white cloth, telling me not to take a single peak. The moment he untied the cloth, I was amazed the little candles lit on my favorite table. Don't get me started on the plates neatly arranged along side the desert spoons and the pink napkins. Well the dude went through all the trouble to make it a complete candlelight dinner.

Then suddenly he was on his knees as if trying to propose and I being the way I am, I nervously tried to stop him,"Jake, no. Get up,"

"Hailey lemme do this I've been wanting to tell you this so many times. Look, I like you more than just a friend. What I'm I even saying? Hailey Gonzalez, I like like you. Let's just say you're the first girl who has made me feel like this, and I'm not just saying this for you to like me back.

I'm saying this cause it's the truth, looking back to what life was like before I met you, I wonder how I got by the days without someone like you to brighten my day. No words are enough to describe how thankful i am that you walked into my life,..I know this is sudden but I can't hide these feelings any more...so Hailey would you give me the chance to show you that I deserve you and become my... girlfriend?

And that's how I ended up becoming his girlfriend, any girl in my position would have given him a chance especially if you were afraid of breaking his heart.

Another thing going through my mind was mom, last time she had insulted a cop and not any other cop but the Sheriff, Hank Johnson! She had been acting weird in nowadays especially on weekends she'd dress up, put on her makeup and lie to my face that she's gone off to work.

Zee had told me that she had spotted my mom from a restaurant window, apparently looking anxiously at her watch waiting for someone. So mom was upto something and I had to figure it out....

Another totally bizarre thing that happened was that Abby had texted me saying,

      Lee doesn't know about this but I would like to visit you some day, Hailey. I miss you but Lee forbade us from speaking to you....

I had already assured Abby not to worry and I'll invite her this weekend for a sleepover. I loved the girl she was cute and sweet and frankly I don't understand why Liam had to forbid her from seeing or talking to me! Come to think of it, Liam was avoiding me for some reason I didn't understand... Puberty I guess? Noo?

Last time I tried talking to him, he pretended i wasn't even there. I thought we were friends but his vain attitude stood in the way. Today wouldn't cut it, I'll approach that son of a gun whether he likes it or not, what was his problem?

To say the truth, I missed him and the fact that he didn't even care to taunt me for almost three weeks made me mad. Didn't he miss our taunts?

I enjoyed our taunting, I even had the audacity to google some of the most rude pickup lines just to make sure we had an epic showdown next time we met.

Unfortunately, I was in for a shock when for three weeks he hadn't even looked my way not even came to say a 'simple hi'.
Well I missed that bucket of jokes, he made my days even without knowing it.

Ehem, it's Liam we're talking about!!The rude , clueless Liam we first met,my subconscious gave me a heads up.

Closing my locker, I spotted him at the corner of my eyes, busy laughing at something Justin was saying. It's now or never, come on, I can do this just walking upto him and spew some taunts and he'll be back to his old self. But what was I to say?Admit that I missed him or ask him if he's miserable without me and my taunts in his life?

Damn it! Why was this hard and strange too, I mean he's the same guy that messed my mornings everyday so what's up with me?

I decided to walk upto him, clutching the straps of my backpack hard. The minute I approached them, both dudes looked my way expecting me to say something.

"Can we talk, Lopez?" I asked but looking at me, a smile formed across his face and I knew  that old him was back.

"Depends..I only talk with people I know, do I know you? Better yet, who are you again?"Liam said.

I'm probably sure you know how it felt, it was like someone splashing a bucket of cold water all over my face!

(。・ω・。)ノ♡(。・ω・。)ノ♡(。・ω・。)ノ♡

If you liked the chapter don't forget to vote

What do you think of Hailey being Jake's girlfriend?
Why do you think Liam's acting like that towards Hailey?

Leave your thoughts on the chapter

Jojoestiel 💛