..... Liam was a lying bastard

Hailey's POV
My head was constantly throbbing, and the alarm kept on beeping.Not only was the bike's engine roaring but also a couple of people talking outside at my porch. I presumed it was Liam who had come to take his bike with a couple of friends.

I had just woken from my siesta and my eyes were smarting with sleep, the morning sun beams gleamed brightly across my room.

I wondered why mum hadn't woken me up or maybe she was still nettled with my last night outburst.After dressing up for school, I rushed downstairs but still mum wasn't there,I couldn't believe after the emotional speech I gave,she still went to work without saying a word.Did I mean so little?

Fortunately I was able to catch the 20-minute bus and got to school on time.

*****

I was at  my locker when a couple of Maddie's lapdogs passed by, whispering the upcoming rumuors of East wood high.

One said,"Did you see Liam's black eye?"

And the other said,"Yeah,I heard he got into a fight with some malicious street thugs who were trying to rob him"

"Maddie is so lucky to have him. I can't believe he fought with street thugs and got away with only a black eye! "

And they unflaggingly giggled away,I couldn't help but laugh.He got into a fight?With malicious street thugs?That's the most absurd thing I heard,Liam Lopez was a lying bastard!

"You are in a good mood, something to do with Liam's black eye,I presume?" That was Zee,and God,she knew me so well!

" Nooo,what would make you think that?"

" Cut the crap,Hailey.I know you punched Liam,I have a witness to  prove it.Jackie... saw you two at the parking lot chatting, where you surprisingly punched him. "

So busted! Whatever, it was sweet sweet revenge.

"Yeah,but I had to...for Jake who's currently at home because of him."

" Just pray Maddie doesn't find out you punched him otherwise she'll ruin your life for sure."

" I'm not scared her, I'll put her in her place"

" Whatever, just make sure when you do that ...you'll also call me too"
We both laughed then headed for class.

Liam's POV

I had to wake up early and get my bike before Hailey rode it to school herself.
Carlita, our mexican maid, had already prepared breakfast but the rest of the family wasn't up yet.
I ate a little just to satsify her, she always insisted that breakfast was the most important meal of the day.

I had to take a cab to Hailey's house. Fortunately, I was able to catch her mum before she headed to work.

"Liam, nice to see you again." As she shook my hand.

" Nice to see you too, Mrs Gonzalez. Um,,, did Hailey happen to tell you where she parked my bike? "

She looked at me suspiciously before asking me a question.
"It's none of my business, but what happened?To your eye?"

" Ah this!?It's nothing Mrs Gonzalez,just tripped in my bathroom and we'll the rest...led to this"while pointing at my black eye.

" Ooh okay, for a moment there I thought you got into a fight. "She laughed nervously but what if I told her that her daughter punched me?

That it was her megalomaniac daughter that did this to me. I decided not to tell her the truth, Lily Gonzalez was  a beautiful and kind woman,always full of life whenever I saw her and right now I didn't want to spoil her day.