..I..I..love you

Hailey's POV

"Sure join in on the fun," I said sarcastically as Dylan steadied his hands beside me.

" You know it's not as bad as you make it look"

And here came another pep talk from Dylan.

"Yeah, yeah. I know!But please don't add to my misery, I'm in no mood for another pep talk" My muscles had already begun to grow weary, I lifted my body for the third push-up. Forty seven more to go!

"You know you're misdirecting your anger right?" He asked his body now moving up and down like a pro athlete. I on the other hand, failed miserably, probably because workouts weren't my thing to add to the agony that my heart now felt. I was drowning with resentment, anger, misery and a tinsie bit of jealousy.

"What anger? I'm perfectly fine, after falling some inches off the ground! I'm perfectly fine doing these waste of time workouts! I'm perfectly fine seeing Mrs Hazel punish me for giving it my best while others are flirting across the room! See I'm fine," I gathered the energy left in me to just in time pull my hair to a ponytail and regain my composure, nailing three push-ups at a go.

"You know that makes me see how unperfectly fine you are"

Mrs Hazel came up to us her body casting a shadow on the ground, making sure that I followed her punishment. We both remained silent waiting for her to move away to vent her anger on someone else.

After she moved away, I lay on the ground for a bit trying to keep pace with my breathing and possibly, the tears that were now stinging my eyes ....

"I'm starting to see why Jake is nuts about you, you're overdramatic you know that," he chuckled before continuing,"you tend to complicate things, you are madly in love with Lopez but why are you not telling him that? Well no need to do that now, he has already moved on unless..."

"He has moved on and I'm too late," I sighed.

"Seems he played you and you fell for it. I mean what kinda guy loves you one day and the next he's all over another girl?," His words really messed up my mind, in a way he was right. Liam played me? Ok not necessarily but still?! Did he love me for real or was it just pretence...deep deep deep in my heart I wished that he still loves me.

"Don't mind me. Of course you wouldn't be that naïve to believe he actually loves you!"

Those words hurt me, Dylan surely hit the my weak spot. I wanted to cry not because of how jealous I was but I feared that he was right. Immediately PE was over, I scurried away to the girl's lockers room. My main intention really was to find a safe hiding spot to cry in and pour out the pain that had now clogged my lungs.

Scarcely had I barely reached there when I noticed him. He ruffled his black hair with a towel as he headed the opposite direction which was the boys' locker room. I couldn't! But I needed to make him feel how I felt.

I tiptoed behind him, making sure that I was as silent as possible. Once he reached in the locker room, he sat down on one of the benches sipping in some water. The stench that greeted me was enough to knock me dead cold but I hadn't come this far to go back. Liam moved on, he left me for Maddie...okay he didn't quite leave me but still?!

Silently taking the hard knee pad lying across the floor, I approached him from behind.

"You liar! You playboy! You idiot! You never loved me, you deceived me!"I exclaimed slamming the knee pad on his back. He jerked up, protecting himself from the hits. Tears cascaded down my cheeks as I hit him, like lava spewing from an active volcano in pressure.

What the heck, Hailey?
Stop stop stop

I heard his anger rise as I continued hitting him, tears blinded my eyes as bitter bile clogged my gut, I looked like a wreck but who cares. I loved him, I really loved him...

Once he managed taking the knee pad from my hand and throwing it a stone throw distance from where we stood, he glared at me. His sharp eyes having no mercy while looking at my now watery eyes and the tears that had now made lines on my cheeks.

"What is it, this time?!!Huh?! I've done nothing to you but you constantly keep hurting me every chance you get!" he shouted his hand on his waist and his other hand throwing gestures at my face..

"Liam, I..i" I stuttered, I hiccuped, I cried!

"You what? Hailey? We are friends and you made it clear! Is this what friends do? Huh?!" He half shouted making me jump a little.

Then I did the most terrible thing.

"Liam....I..I ..I love you, Liam. I love you!"

I know what you are expecting, that he would probably hug me and declare his undying love for me, but no. He stood there unmoved by what I said, his body not showing a hint of emotion whatsoever. My hopes dimmed down, my heart shattered... literally.

"That's good. But I don't love you anymore" he said and I was beyond shocked....

"You..you don't?"

"I suppose I don't, I dumped the hottest girl in school and became friends with her, I can't go on a day without thinking about you, I see you in my dreams every time I shut my eyes. I don't love you, Hailey. I'm madly, crazy in love with you," he said and that was enough for me to tangle my hands on his waist.

I buried my head in his chest silently crying with happiness, he in return raked his hands through my hair smoothly.

"Umm are we interrupting something," I heard one of the jocks say.

Lifting my eyes I came face to face with shirtless dudes, among them a familiar face staring right at us.

Jake Reeves!

Disclaimer: unedited