Jake Reeves is my son

Liam's POV

"Ma'am, here are the DNA results" the nurse handed Kate the envelope as she took it in her trembling hands.

I urged her to sit down as she unsealed the top and took out the paper. Reading through it with her teary eyes, she looked at me and cried.

"Liam, he is my son. He is the son I lost 18 years ago. Jake Reeves is my son, Liam!"

I was taken aback by the news though I suspected it when I saw the dolphin neck chain. That's the same one that Kate's son had around his neck in the picture. Now before I left his house that Friday evening, I pulled his hair out just to prove whether or not he was my half brother. Turns out the moron really is my brother!

"We have to tell him, Lee. He has to know" Kate stood up wiping the tears from her cheeks.

"It's too soon, Kate. Think about it, how will he react?"

After seeing my logic, she went home and I took the opportunity to take Hailey out. For two weeks we had given each other space. I had my own issues of figuring out whether Jake was Kate's son or not while she was still recovering from the trauma that Jake had inflicted on her.

"I'm hoping that this time you are not taking me to a flower shop" she giggled her hands touching mine which had covered her eyes.

"No complaining and no peaking remember" I warned as I finally revealed to her my favorite place in this beautiful town.

I knew she didn't like the color pink so I had to borrow a purple sheet from Carlita, a picnic basket from Cokkie and the food well I made it. I always loved this hill. It had a perfect view of the town, of the cemetery and most of all the sunsets. The combination of the yellow and orange shimmering radiance of the sun always made feel that everything was going to be fine no matter the hussles you go through in life.

"If you don't like it we could always drop by at Rusty's. I practically borrowed everything you see here and..." She shushed me by placing her finger on my lips.

"I love it. It's beautiful" then she kissed me gently.

But at the time that's not what I wanted. A gentle kiss wouldn't be enough to quench the thirst I had for her. I pulled her closer kissing her my way. My tongue seeking entrance into her mouth.

"Liam the food is already getting cold" she parted from me but I wasn't just gonna give in and let her waist go.

"We could always skip dessert" I hinted and she laughed hard.

Instead of the purple sheet we opted to seat on the grass calmly enjoying the scene. I didn't want to ruin the moment but I felt that I had no other choice. She needed to know what I had just found out.

"I've gotta tell you something, Hails" I started.

"What?" Her concerned eyes bore into mine as she sat on my lap.

"Jake is my brother. Ok technically not my brother but Kate's son" I said watching her reaction.

"Say something. Anything?"

"How?" She exclaimed.

"When a woman and man do some hanky panky, fertilisation takes place in the..." I joked.

"You know what I mean, doofus" she poked my forehead and for almost an hour I narrated of how Kate and my dad were an item long before dad had met mom. Then that was that, Kate became pregnant, she didn't tell dad and opted for giving her child up for adoption. Ultimately when mom died, fate brought Kate and dad together, and she revealed to us that we have another lost sibling.

Hailey's POV
I was shocked. What were the odds of my boyfriend and my ex being brothers? I mean the world was becoming smaller for God's sake. I didn't want to ruin anything. Him being his brother wouldn't change anything, right?

It was so magical. Being with him, made me happy, the kisses, the cuddling and the rolling on the grass while he tickled me. After he dropped me off at home, I gave him one last peck before waving goodbye.

"Finally kiddo, you are home!" Hank nudged my arm into the kitchen.

"I'm not going on another parol around the town with you" I snapped grabbing an apple and taking a bite.

He slowly revealed a black box and gently opened it.

"Do you think she'll like it?"

I gasped. Was it real? I mean that diamond sure glittered and man was it big! I wanted to touch it to be the owner of it. I can't believe that Hank was going to propose to mom! Lily Gonzalez was one lucky lady.

"I know she'll love it and she will say yes!" I giggled and as if on cue mom came downstairs her blond hair down and her white dress accentuating all her curves.

"What's up? Why are you both looking at me, like that?" She asked and Hank nervously stepped forward hiding the box behind him. I slowly took out my phone taking a video as my eyes welled up with tears. Hank being the gentleman he is, went down on one knee and mumbled.

"Lily Gonzalez, I have met so many women in my life but none can compare to you. You're the first woman to make my heart beat for the very first time. I've never believed in love at first sight but that night when I pulled your car over and took a glimpse of your beautiful face, I knew you were the one. That you...Lily were my better half. Now I know it's soon but will you marry me?"

My heart melted my mom on the other hand had an odd expression on her face. She nodded but then again nodded her head sideways. Was it a no or a yes? Hank seemed anxious as to what she would say. I too seemed nervous especially when her eyes lost color and she fainted.

~•~•~•~•~•~

"Are you related to the patient?" The doctor asked as me and Hank stood up confirming what he wanted to know.

I was surprised when dad also showed demanding to know what happened to her. We all were worried especially Hank. Who would have thought the proposal would go downhill?

"Well? What's wrong with her?" Dad snapped.

The doctor sighing, took a look at some stuff in his hands, raised his head and said.

" Mrs Gonzalez is pregnant"

Shut up! I was going to have a sibling?