War

In Atlas, civilians are seen lounging in a public park. High-pitched speaker feedback is heard before Ironwood broadcasts his announcement, "Citizens of Atlas, please proceed to the nearest underground subway station for shelter."

One man gets up from beside his daughter, confused and looking around for a threat. As sirens begin to blare, people start to panic and run for the subway. Then man is frozen with fear until his daughter points to the sky behind him, "Dad? Look!"

A swarm of Lancers weaves their way between the Atlas skyscrapers, sending the man stumbling back. A squad of Mantas swoops in, opening fire on the Lancers. The man hurriedly leaps to his feet, "We need to go!

The Ace Ops and Winter have taken Yang, Jaune, and Ren into custody and cuffed them with Gravity Bolas. Their Manta approaches Atlas, and Atlas Military chatter can be heard over the in-ship radio.

"We can’t get the Hard Light shields back up, sir. The generators took too much damage!"

"Then don’t waste resource on them. Beta Squad, the creature?"
"We tried bombs, missiles, but we can’t make a dent, sir."

Winter chimes into the conversation, "Sir, Schnee here. Penny is still MIA, but we’ve apprehended Arc, Xiao Long, and Ren."

"Stand by for further orders, and don’t let those fugitives out of your sight."

"Yes, sir. Of course." Behind Winter, Yang turns to look at her with a grim expression, "Still just following orders."

Winter turns and narrows her eyes at the girl, then gasps as Monstra slowly comes into view through the windscreen. Jaune and Ren stare slackjawed at the gargantuan Grimm, "That’s where the Grimm took Oscar. It’s even bigger than I thought."

Vine narrows his eyes, clearly skeptical, "Grimm don’t take prisoners."

"This one did. If you would just let us go-"
"Then you haven't seen what we have created." Yang, Ren, and Jaune quickly spring up hearing your voice, "It's good to hear that you are still alive." Ren could feel the sadness in your voice, or was as if you were clinging to your last bit of hope.

Ironwood's voice comes through over the radio again, "Cease fire. Manta squads, concentrate on secondary hostiles. Command is working on a solution for the creature."

"What do you have in mind, sir?"

"We aren’t making any progress attacking the thing from the outside. But from the inside, it could be vulnerable. Science team is putting together a bomb. When it’s ready, we’ll drop it off as close to the target as possible. Then, your team will deliver it on foot. Sending your rendezvous coordinates now." Throughout Ironwood's order, Winter's face goes through a cycle of emotions, "Of course, sir. We will hold the point, and we will get it done."

Yang, Jaune, and Ren are taken aback, "But Oscar’s in there!"

"You can’t do this!" As Yang struggles to break away from Elm and Vine's grasp, Winter's expression changes back to one of regret. Her right hand trembles before she steadies it by clenching her fist.

Within the Ironwood's office you had no emotion, "Ironwood, I think I had enough of this madness. If only I had killed them, none of this would have happened."

You take a seat on the ground next to the window; Ironwood stands beside you, "If you come with me, then we could save those who you haven't loss."
"I've lived longer than Salem; hard to believe that; I feel as if I understand her, but I wouldn't end up like her. At this rate, this world will be divided, and I will have to return to the Gods." Ironwood glances at you and kneels in front of you, "Do you know what that means?"