Tipping Point/Punished (Weiss)

The broken moon shines brightly as Weiss singing. She stands alone on a large, empty stage, singing a wordless aria, her arms outstretched. She is perfectly positioned below the center of the painted emblem of Atlas that dominates the stage

"I'm not your pet, not another thing you own.
I was not born guilty of your crimes.
Your riches and your influence can't hold me anymore.
I won't be possessed,
burdened by your royal test.
I will not surrender.
This life is mine."

Weiss concludes her song and bows while the audience applauds. She looks up to the balcony above stage left where her father and brother are watching. Jacques Schnee remains seated, not applauding, while Whitley Schnee is standing, giving a slower-paced, sarcastic clap. Weiss looks back at the audience, all clapping still in their seats. She turns and walks backstage, her feigned smile replaced with a frown. Weiss used to enjoy singing. It was her passion yet that passion slithered away as it seemed that the more she sang, the more demand from her father.

After the performance everyone transferred to the charity party, Weiss follows her father no longer used to being on stage as you were no longer there to tell her about your experience. Jacques is conversing with a man in glasses and a gray-haired woman in a green dress.
They are laughing.
Weiss, behind her father, looking at the floor with her hands held primly behind her back. Whitley stands similar further behind their father, only his gaze is directly on him, "That's precisely my point. We offer Faunus the exact same wages given to the rest of our mining staff. Their argument's completely invalid right out of the gate."
"Well, I think the bigger issue here...is our society as a whole." The man with glasses states.

Jacques scoffed at him, "Why, you mean Atlas?"

As they converse, Weiss looks over to the largest painting on the end of the ballroom, depicting Beacon Academy with its Cross Continental Transmit tower still standing.

"Atlas, Mantle... You can't deny the economic disparity between the two. When Lieutenant (L/n) was here, we had everything under control. If she saw Mantle the way it is now, you would know she will-"

"I mean, what exactly are you suggesting?" The lady with gray hair cuts him off. "I'm just saying I don't think it's necessarily an issue of compensation as much as it is one of opportunity..." Weiss got bothered that the woman was thinking negative about you and wanted to get out of the situation. Weiss starts to step away, only to have her forearm grabbed by her father, who doesn't even turn around. Weiss halts, startled as her father pulls her back, and turning to face her, "Where are you going?"

Weiss, with a meek expression, muttered, "I'm... just a little thirsty."

"Sweetheart, we have people for that."

He lets go of Weiss and begins to raise his arm to call over a waiter. Weiss stops him by grabbing his forearm, prompting a sideways glance from Whitley. "What? No, I can get it. I'll be right back, I promise."

The two lock gazes as the conversation next to them continue. "Look, no one asked them to move here. And if Lieutenant (L/n) cared, she wouldn't have left Atlas, to begin with, going to Vale because she wanted to and look what happened."
"But companies like the SDC promised jobs She was there temporarily."

Jacques decides to let Weiss go and turns back to his companions. "I'm sorry, I tuned out for a second, but sounds like I'm the good guy again?"

Jacques and the businesswoman share a laugh. Weiss moves across the room to look at the painting of Beacon Academy. She has barely reached it when Discounted Neptune (I mean) Henry Marigold speaks to her. "It's beautiful. You two match."