So That's How It Is

"Salem can't be killed... you all heard her too, right?"

Team RWBY all angrily glares at Ozpin, whose head is still down. He looks up, with tears streaming down his face. Qrow just looks away, "I-"

"There was so much you hadn't told us! How could you think that was okay?!"

Oz doesn't say anything; he just hangs his head back down in shame, "Professor... What is your plan to defeat Salem?"
"I... don't have one..."

"And you knew about this (Y/n) along. All this time you knew about her immortality and stayed quiet about it?!" Qrow shouts.

Ozpin stand up for you, "I made her promise me not to say anything, please don't blame-" Suddenly, Qrow punches Ozpin in the face, sending him into a nearby tree trunk. You got up running to Ozpin, "Qrow!"

"No one wanted me... I was cursed... I gave my life to you because you gave me a place in this world... I thought I was finally doing some good... To know what's it like to feel loved..."

"But you are!"
"Meeting you... was the worst luck of my life..."

Everything for you shatters, Oz stares back in disbelief upon hearing Qrow say that, before looking down dejected, "I'm sorry (Y/n)."

Ozpin's eyes glow as control is transferred back to Oscar. He holds his cheek in pain from the effects of Qrow's punch, "What happened?"
"He's... gone."

"That bastard! Tell him we're not done yet!"
"No, this is different. He's gone. It- It's like he's locked himself deep inside my head. Our head? I hate this! I want it to stop!"

"He just left us?"
"What are we going to do now? (Y/n) can't bring him back?"

You covered your ears, shaking your head, "No." Yang growls in anger.

"Enough! We need to get a move on. It'll be dark before we know it, and every one of you is spewing negativity! There's a trail over there; trails usually lead somewhere." Maria uses her came to help Oscar up.

"Lady, I don't know who you think you are but-"

Maria slams her cane, "No buts! I understand that you're upset. Honestly, I'm still coming to terms with the fact that this is humanity's second time around. But, if we don't move, we die. And I'll be damned if I've lived this long just to die out here in the cold!"

"She's right. Come on."

Everyone grabs their belongings and whatever Dust they can carry with them. Maria sits on Bumblebee as Yang walks her bike. Ruby walks over to Oscar and hands over the handle of his cane, "I'm just going to be another one of his lives, aren't I?"

"Of course not. You're your own person."
"Don't lie to him, Ruby. We're better than that..."

Ruby and Oscar look down sadly before walking to join the others; Oscar slows down, having his attention on you "(Y/n)?" You flinch hearing your name, however, standing up, walking up to him, "Walk ahead, Oscar, I'll be following." Oscar takes notice of your eyes; they were still your (e/c); however, they seemed to darken as if there is no light in them. You give him a smile which scared him, whatever was going through your head was nothing good; he hoped that whatever it was doesn't snap soon.

Your focus was on Qrow, who walked ahead of everyone, words were filling up your head. Everything was fine; everything was perfect; why did they have to find out this way? Usually, if you were upset, you would talk to Ozpin, but now you were alone. "Alone, like when I lost Cyan."

In the Land of Darkness, five Nevermores are perched on a rocky outcropping with large purple crystals. They fly away when an airship flies by them, heading towards a large purple structure in the distance. The airship lowers down to an outcropping that serves as a dock, and Hazel, Mercury, and Emerald hop out. As they proceed forward, they notice Tyrian leaning against the entrance at the bottom of the stairs. His scorpion tail now has a spiked, metal tip covering it from where it was cut off, "Welcome back, welcome back! I do hope you missed us as much as we missed you."