Dead End

Team RWBY, You, Qrow, Oscar, and Maria are standing outside of the gates to the Atlesian Military base on the island off the coast of Argus. Yang puts her hands on the bars of the gate to speak to the guards, "Come on! You didn't even hear us out!"

"Our orders are clear: The Mistral-Atlas border is closed!"
"Please!"
"Have a good day!"
"But-"
"A good day!!"

"We have Weiss Schnee with us, and we're trying to get her home safely." You pull out your scroll, showing them your license. "Very well!"

Weiss looks down with reluctance upon hearing you say that. The two guards look to each other before turning their attention back to the group, "Approach!"

Weiss shares a look with Blake, who shrugs. Weiss then walks up to the gate, and the two guards step up and bend down to inspect her. After a moment, both guards stand straight back up, "You may speak with our commanding officer!"
"We will fetch her at once!"

The two guards turn around in sync, as they run to get their superior.
"They were... kind of-"
"Super weird? Uh, yeah."

"Hmm..."
"What's wrong?"

"Well, I... may know this commanding officer..."
"That's good, isn't it? If she's your friend, then maybe she'd be more willing to help us."
"I wouldn't exactly call us... "friends"."
"Acquaintances?"
"Not quite."

"Colleagues?"
"Warmer."
"Enemies?"
"That's the one!"

"If I remember her correctly, she didn't like me either after I resigned from my position in Atlas." You scratch the back of your neck.
"Wait, what?"

"Oh, yes. I come through here about once every ten years to get my eyes checked up in Atlas. You bring outside cashews on one flight, and suddenly you're placed on the additional screening list for life!"

"You've gotta be kidding me..."
"Now, now, let's not give up hope yet. Maybe she's dead!" You laugh at this remark.

Suddenly, the gates open up quickly, and the two guards return,  "Introducing!"
"Special operative!"
"Caroline Cordovin!"

Footsteps approach to reveal a short-statured elderly woman around Maria's age wearing the standard Atlesian officer uniform. Cordovin steps forward and glares at Maria, "Witch."
"She-devil."
"Hm. I've seen you've chosen larger contraband to smuggle this time."

"Oh, Cordo. You know they say time changes people, but I see you've still got that stick right up your-"

"H-hello! Miss, uh, Cordovin. My name is Ruby Rose, and I was wondering if you would hear us out about-"

"I've already heard what your other little friends had to say, Miss Rose." She looks behind Ruby, noticing Jaune, Nora, and Ren standing a little ways away behind the group, "What are you doing back here?! I thought I told you to leave!"

Nora tries to charge forward, only to be held back by Ren and Jaune, "And I told you we wouldn't rest until you let us through!"

Ren was nervously smiling and waving, "Nice to see you again as well!"

"You civilians are clearly incapable of comprehending the importance of our mission here in Argus. So allow me to say this slowly, with smaller words: This base, that relay tower, the very safety of Argus are all gifts from the glorious Kingdom of Atlas! And it is my duty to uphold them, as only I have the wit and tenacity for such a task."
"Such wit!"
"Such tenacity!"

"Or maybe Atlas just wanted to get you as far from the kingdom as possible."

"You're just like the rest of these Argus ingrates! This city wouldn't even be here if it weren't for our Atlesian ancestors, and what do we get in return? The entire world is ready to put a knife to our throats!"