PVP

Vol. 3 Ch. 9

Down in the arena of Amity Colosseum, Pyrrha is still looking hesitant and distracted while Penny politely salutes her opponent.

Penny, hands on her hips in excitement, "Sal-u-tations, Pyrrha Nikos! It's an honor to meet you finally! Miss (Y/n) likes to talk about you, great to see I'll be going against her best student."

The troubled Pyrrha doesn't respond, looking at her hands as she clenches them in attempted determination.

Penny, not noticing Pyrrha's reluctance, "This is going to be so much fun!"

Penny beams widely in anticipation, but Pyrrha is still looking around as if in a daze, though she manages a small scowl at her opponent, her weapons Miló and Akoúo̱ already in hand.

Oobleck counts down as General James Ironwood calmly sits to observe the fight with you beside him, Nora Valkyrie and Lie Ren cheer for their teammate while Jaune Arc watches anxiously, and Emerald leans forward with a glare, "3, 2, 1... BEGIN!"

Suddenly, Penny is surrounded by her floating swords, gesturing them around to her command before launching a volley of them at Pyrrha, who runs towards them and leaps though or deflects each aimed blade. The swords fly into the air until they turn around and come back to the fight.

Pyrrha, now having returned the shield to her back, twirls the spear to block each sword swipe of Penny's, dropping her weapon when she needs to somersault away after being hit by a slash, only to magnetically return it to her hand as Penny readies another wave of blades.

"My word! What a tremendous display by Miss Polendina!" Port shouts excitingly; you leaned on to your arms watching Pyrrah's moves like you taught her. "Her fighting style has improved, she must have been with a good teacher," Ironwood states not taking his eyes of the two. You let out a small chuckle that caught his attention, "I train all of my students, Pyrrah is one of my moon students." Ironwood smiles, "You take pride in your students. And again with moon student? Why do you call them that?" You rest your chin on your hand, "If I tell them to go to the moon without me telling them how, they will make it up there one way or another."

Fully glowering, Pyrrha rushes forward and jumps on an incoming sword, swinging down on Penny, only to have the assault halted by a collection of blades, though she leaps away from the retaliatory slice as Penny backs away as well. She tries to defend against the multitude of swords with the length of her weapon, but is forced back regardless, prompting Pyrrha to roll the shield from her back onto her arm with her polarity.

Nora, cheering with her arms wide alongside a fist-pumping Ren and worried Jaune, "Whoo, yeah! Goooo Pyrrha!"

Despite the cheers, Pyrrha isn't doing well, looking down to see her Semblance's black energy bend the weapons in her hands unnaturally for a split second. Emerald narrows her gaze further, continuing to concentrate on Pyrrha.

Pyrrha spins wildly as she deflects and dodges each sword, until she gets close enough to Penny to deliver a few slashes with the spear, sending her flying back as Pyrrha bats aside the blades called to their wielder's aid. Penny slides to a stop and makes a new series of motions, the weapons folding up until several laser rifles circle her, a few of which open fire on the approaching champion. Pyrrha avoids the blasts and fights off the remaining swords with her xiphos until she slides into position to charge at Penny and knock her back. Pyrrha straightens with a victorious grin that disappears into dizziness, just as she sees Penny rocketing forward, weapons firing behind her like a jetpack so she can leap into the air, then come down as an energized meteor on her opponent.

Rolling back to her feet, Pyrrha doesn't expect a sword to knock her shield off, then another to do the same for her blade. She tries to get the latter back with her magnetism but has to use the power to send a flying sword back at Penny's side. It disappears behind Penny, only for her to grin and raises her arms as several appear above her, aimed to strike.