Rest and Resolutions

The dinner table is abuzz as the currently present members of Team RWBY and the remaining members of Team JNPR all talk over each other indistinctly. The mood is quite cheery, with the children all smiling and laughing, "How do you lose your map at a time like that?"

"Believe me; I've asked myself the same thing ever since." Yang, Weiss, and Ruby laugh, while Jaune smiles and giggles sheepishly. "Hey, but you made up for it, Mister Muscles! You shoulda seen this guy take a giant Grimm head on!"

"I couldn't have done it without Ruby wearing it down."
"Uh, me? Did you see Ren during that fight? He was out of control!"
"I'm sorry, I may have lost my temper momentarily."
"No, no! Out of control as in "awesome"!"
"Oooohhh. Thank you." Everyone at the table bursts into laughter.

As dinner continues, Weiss tells her story about how she accidentally summoned a Boarbatusk during the Schnee charity ball, "You did not!"
Weiss has her face in her hands, "Yeah, right in the middle of the party."
"Please tell me you let that lady have it."
"Of course not! Even if I did really want to." Nora crosses her arms, skeptical, "No way, I don't believe it."

Weiss summons her Boarbatusk right next to Nora. The Grimm summon growls, causing Nora to yelp and fall to her side. Weiss, Yang, Jaune, and Ren all laugh. As dinner nearly finishes, Yang shows off her robotic prosthetic arm to the rest of the group. All of them react in awe. "It's not a replacement for the real thing, but I'll make sure to make good use of it."
"That's amazing."
"Incredible." Ruby gets all starry-eyed and quickly zooms over to her sister's side to admire her arm, holding Yang's arm up, "And it's just as strong?"
"Hm, sure is."

Suddenly, they hear a bang on the table. Nora has her arm out ready to arm wrestle, "Wanna bet?"
"Nora, please, now's not the time..." Despite Weiss' protest, Yang and Nora arm wrestle. Jaune and Ren cheer on Nora while Ruby cheers on for her sister. Weiss looks on disdainfully, "Don't let her beat you! You can do it! Come on!"
"You can do this! Show 'em what Team JNPR's made of!"

"C'mon, sis! Aw, you can't lose to a girl in a skirt!"
"You wear a skirt, Ruby."
"Weiss, you're not cheering loud enough!!" She shakes Weiss, who is still frowning.

"It definitely feels like the original; I'll give you that!"
"Yep. But it does have some new features!"
"Heh, oh yeah?"

A robotic sound comes from Yang's arm, and suddenly Nora is knocked back to the wall holding Yang's detached arm in her hand. Nora groans in pain while the others look on in concern, except for Yang, who has a smug grin on her face, "Did she... win?" As Nora comes to, she realizes she's holding Yang's robotic arm, causing her to scream and throw it away from her. Yang laughs while she catches her arm.

Later on, Jaune helps clean up the dishes, "Gyah... We ate it all... Oh, I think I'm gonna be sick..."
"Easy there, Vomit Boy, I believe in you."
"Oh, we're doing nickname throwbacks now. Wonderful." Jaune walks away with the dishware in his hands.
Weiss giggles, "I mean, the Ice Queen seems to like it." Nora teases. Weiss stops giggling, and Ruby bursts into laughter at Nora's remark. Weiss smiles nonetheless. "I so did not miss you, people."
"Oh my gosh, she really does like it! What went and warmed your heart while you were gone?"
"Hey! You make it sound like I used to be terrible."
"Nah. Just a lot to deal with it once."
"Hmph!"

Yang playfully sticks her tongue out at Weiss.
"It's been a long time. We've all grown in our own ways."
"You really think so?"

"Well, think back to when we were all at Beacon, would you say you ever did anything foolish or embarrassing? Or do you think you were perfect?" Ten glances at both sides of the table. "Oh, gosh." Weiss buries her face in her hands again.
"I may have been a little too gung-ho from time to time."
"Heh, you? I tried to 1v1 a Nevermore on the second day of school."