A New Approach

Clover had taken off your restraints, once you made it to Atlas Academy, "See that wasn't so hard."
"But explain why I had the restraints?"
"If you had saw us beforehand, there was a high chance that you would use your summons to stop us." Clover explained. "And there was a chance that you would have got away."

"By the way, had you've been crying the last few days?"
This question caught your attention as you stopped your tracks.

"Yeah, I was."
"Care to talk about it? Was it bad?" Clover places a hand on your shoulder as Elm spoke up, "Who did it?!"
"Ah, well... If I could end everything about me, I would have done it, so yeah, it was bad."
"The Goddess of Grimm, someone who had almost no emotional attachment to anyone or anything, was crying."
"Very funny, Harriet. (Y/n), did something happen before you made it here?"

"I'll want until I explain everything to James." You return to walking.
"Okay, it must be hard being the caretaker of the relics."
Your eyes widen, "What?"
"The relics, we know that you were tasked to care for them."
"Who told you?"

"The General, we know everything and about you."
"Why- when did he tell you this?" Now standing in front of Ironwood's office, Marrow turns to you, "We're here, we'll be down the hall if you need anything."

You face the door hesitating to knock, when you did, you could hear Jame's mutter, "Come in."

You walk into Ironwood's office, as you walk in, James drops his pen and rushes towards you, "You're back."
"Yeah."
James brings you into a hug, which you returned, "Where were you the last few years? I was afraid that he had taken you."
"There were several close calls, but I'm here now. I've been told that, you told the Ace-Ops about the truth, about me." James breaks the hug, "Yes, you do hold a very important role."

"But this isn't something to share. That should have been discussed before you took action."
"I made an oath to protect you, and I tend to keep it."

"The oath is to protect to world, not me, and by the looks of it, there are many people who are against you."
"Not everyone can be saved!"
"Not unless you try! I'm afraid that you could lose yourself to madness."

"It's been tiring, and I would only admit it to you."

A knock came from the other side of the door; this caused you and James to step away from each other, "Come in.

"General." Winter enters the room; she freezes in her tracks by seeing you, "(Y/n)."
"So, what Penny said was true? You're back." Winter regains her composure, "Excuse me, General. You have a meeting with the Council."

"Right, (Y/n). Join me; I'm sure they would be surprised to see you again."
"I don't know; I left the council years ago. I think it's best if I stay here for the meantime."
"Nonsense, if you're there, they will know that everything is going to be alright."
"Okay."

Ruby gazes out the window of the police airship as it flies over Mantle, then turns and looks at her friends. Nora chews at the bolas restraining her wrists, while everyone else sits silently, the only sounds being Nora's growling and the muffled chattering of the guards piloting the ship.
"Where do you think they're taking us?"
"I'm gonna go with jail. But if we were, they wouldn't have said (Y/n) was going to the same place."
"I still can't believe that fishing pole guy took us out like it was nothing."

"Welcome to Atlas. Those were Ironwood's Ace Operatives. Trained by (Y/n) herself, which is why she was so familiar with them."

An unfamiliar man sitting with the group finally speaks up, "Hm? You guys had a run-in with the Ace-Ops? Ironwood must really have a bone to pick with you."
"They're not that big of a deal."