『Chapter 1』

PLEASE READ PART ONE TO KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON!!!

The next weeks were nothing less than a rollercoaster for the couple. Various new treatments, a new therapy, Felix almost loosing his hearing and having to spend Christmas at the hospital, unsure of when he'll get out. Now, it was two days after Christmas and Felix had just come back from an exhausting round of water therapy, from which his arms hurt like death reheated again. He was in his dark hospital room and in his bed, just trying to chill a little bit, until someone grabbed his hand. It was Lina, and he again hadn't heard her entering the room. Though this had become common in the past few days, since his hearing kept getting worse and worse, up to a point where he had to wear a hearing aid so he could at least get an idea of the sounds around him. He felt like an old man now, and he hated that everyone had to yell at him so he could understand them. He could see Li's mouth move and he could feel her hand on his arm, but he couldn't hear anything. Since Lix had only been in this condition for a short time, he didn't really have the ability to read lips yet. He sighed and squeezed his eyes shut, hoping that if he couldn't see his hearing would get better. Stupid, right? "Lix how are you?" He finally heard and a smile appeared on his face. "I'm fine! And you?" He responded and laughed, thinking about the phrase I'm fine thank you and you? In his head. It was something his friends always said when asked how they are. "I'm fine, too! Ho-" and Felix's hearing was cut off again. Fuck. Now he had to reach up at attempt to turn up the volume of the hearing aid he was wearing so he could at least understand his fiance. Li helped him a little bit and then put her head on his chest, sighing. "How was therapy?" She repeated and Lix just laughed a bit. "Tiring as hell. But hey, at least I'm building up a bit of muscle mass in my arms as well as my legs, so it's doing more than the first one I put myself through." He explained while keeping his eyes shut, being too tired to hold them open. "My arms feel like they'll fall off any moment now..." He snickered and showed a peace sign with his right hand, then let it fall down on the bed again. "Then your cute hands will be gone too hihi." "Well at least I still have a cute face don't I?" "You? Yeah keep on dreaming mate." "Yeah right because I'm handsome not cute." They teased each other and laughed. The conversation they were having sounded like one that could've happened a year or two ago, when everything was different. "Oof I haven't had my feet on the ground for days." Lix realised and at the same time complained, but he knew that right now was the worst time to try and walk. "I know, I know. You want some coffee? I can bring you some." Li asked and her boyfriend happily agreed, drifting off to being thoroughly relaxed once she had left. His phone then started ringing. It was Chris. So he accepted the call and put it on speaker before turning up the volume of his hearing aid again. "Hi Fox! How's my little bruh doing?" His best friend's energetic voice asked and chuckled. "I'm good! Lina's getting a coffee and I'm just chilling you know? I'm living the life, man." The younger one stated back and laughed, same as his friend. "Nice, nice. Yeah I was just out and about and was wondering if I could take you somewhere later. Do you think the docs will allow it?" "Yeah, sure thing, pal!"