〘Chapter 17〙

Weeks. It turned out to be exactly two weeks, when one day Felix just happened to feel a slight squeeze on his hand that was holding Lina's tight. He had previously promised himself that him crying wouldn't be the first thing Li sees when she wakes up, but that proved to be a lot harder than he thought. It seemed impossible to him how when he had first gotten injured, she never shed a tear in his presence. "How are you?" Had been the first things of many she would ask him on that rather cold autumn afternoon. Felix had told her that his feeding tube had gotten removed, and how happy he felt to have arrived back in his old self, and that he was now eagerly waiting for her. Which she thanked him for. Luckily, the attempt wouldn't have an effect on her health in the long run, however she would have to rest for quite a while and also finally go to a psychiatrist that could help her. He never asked the question of why, even though he always wanted to. Lix feared her answer, or if there was one at all. So, everything that he could do was be next to her, hold her tight and never leave her out of sight. He wouldn't even go to the bathroom for days if he had to. Well, he went only if Li went with him. Wether it was just to pee or if she was throwing up, Felix never let her go alone. "Babe I can really do this alone-" "I know, but you can't." "What?" "I won't let you go alone." Their conversations almost always ended up like this, with them laughing. Lix was really paranoid and he knew it, but he couldn't help it either. He was just super scared Li might try and hurt herself again if he left her alone. It was really a miracle that she even survived the suicide attempt, since if the doctors were a minute slower with pumping out her stomach, she would've unalived herself. To show Lina the beauty of life again, he took her stargazing on the roof each night, and when they couldn't sneek away, they would just sit at the window, and the girl got interested in comparing the stars to her boyfriend's freckles. Even he started liking them now. Also, they had sex. It just happened one night. Luckily, Lina wasn't going to get pregnant soon, since her body was still trying to get out the poison she ate, so even if she happened to get pregnant, the fetus wouldn't survive for long inside her. They were stargazing once again, when he heard snoring coming from his left. His girlfriend had fallen asleep on his chest once again, also hugging him tight. "Naww so cute." He said out loud and kissed her head, resting his own on top of hers afterwards. "I love you, baby." He purred and swayed them back and forth. "I love you more.." Li whispered, completely sleepdrunken. "I love you the most." Felix responded, a final statement. He got up and carried her over to a bed. Placing her down, he carefully put a blanked over her and kissed her forehead. "Want me to hold your hand until you're asleep?" Felix offered, but he got turned down. "Okay, then I'm gonna go home now. Bye Baby." He waved goodbye, then left.