〘Chapter 7〙

"Oh, my wife hit me for fun, not hard, but because my blood is so thin I get bruises from everything. Just look at my arms." He showed the woman his arms, who looked at them closely, before pushing the young man out of his room. Wife. He called me his wife. Lina thought while she was following her 'husband' to the examination room. Felix was placed on one of those really uncomfortable daybeds while she sat down in a chair not too far away. Just by looking at his hands, the girl could tell her boyfriend was very tense. They were clenched around his legs, his teeth also gritting now. "Lix... I mean Felix, you're gonna be fine, don't worry." He turned his head towards her and smiled. "You can call me Lix again. And, I know. I hope I'm gonna get a normal room so I can be out of here as soon as possible." She nodded. "I hope so too. Just be strong for a little while longer and everything will be fine."
Once the doctor came, Felix had to take off his shirt so his lungs could be tested. It was still unclear how much his pneumonia had destroyed his lungs, or if it had an effect at all, so that's what the doc was looking for. He was hearing for any kind of rattling sound, which he luckily didn't hear. Now onto weight. In the last week, he had lost another 2 kilograms, weighing in at 49 kilograms, which makes him underweight. "We have to stop you from loosing weight somehow. You were said to gain three kilogram at the end of this month, not loose them." The medic rambled on again while Lix just sighed. It wasn't his fault that he wasn't gaining enough weight to be healthy, but he believed that there was something he could've done differently. "But what am I doing wrong?" He asked and the doctor shrugged. "You? You're not doing anything wrong, you can't control how your body manages your calorie input. All we can do is give you normal food through your feeding tube and hope it'll do the job better than your formula. Have you been reaching to your medication different than before your recent infection?" "Yes sir, I'm more tired now. And I throw up more." The older one thought for a moment before turning around and writing something on a piece of paper. The list of Lix's meds. They never counted how many pills he actually took every day, but it would probably add up to 20, some of which had to be taken multiple times a day. Before getting the feeding tube, this had always been torture for both of them, but now it was easier. "Because of your weight we have to stop giving you some medication that you usually took before you lost weight again. You're not allowed to take as many pain killers anymore, so I had to cut out three, and one pill to keep your kidneys going has to be cut as well. We'll see how your body reacts." The doc said and handed Felix the new, updated list. Needless to say, the boy was frightened. The thing with his kidneys was one, scary, thing, but the painkillers being gone? How was he gonna survive this? The pain was almost unbearable with the pain meds, but without? He would go insane! "Hey, uh...about the pain killers.." he was cut off by a slight chuckle. "I knew you were going to ask that. You're taking 8 at the moment, 3 are left out so you're left with 5. That's more than enough for someone of your figure. We'll give you a room on 14 again I suppose." Infirmary 14. Neurology. That, and the ICU, had been Felix's home for the past nine months. It sounded really depressing, but it was worse in real life. "Hold..." He heard the doctor saying something out of the blue and then saw Lina, who pulled him up so he was sitting. 'I can't hear you' he said, or at least he hoped he was since he couldn't even hear his own voice. Then, Li pulled him into a hug. A big, warm one. He wrapped his arms around her too, pulling her tight against his chest. He just wanted to feel her. Wanted to be close to her again. He had already forgotten that she had laid a hand on him, but there was no need in being mad since she regretted it so much. Something got pushed into his ear and then, he could hear again. Only on one side though. "Is that better now?" The youngest girl asked and he nodded. "I can hear your pretty voice again." After a moment of silence, Felix had a question. "Hey uhm, Mr Lee? Is there anything you can do about my hair loss?" Yes, the doctor's last name was also Lee, which was a double coincidence, because he was also Mark's father. He shook his head, then offered to help get Lix into his wheelchair, which Lina gladly accepted. "Sadly I don't have any medals of bravery for adults, so this has to suffice." The middle aged man said and presented a band-aid with flamingos on it, which he taped onto his patient's nose. The boy thanked, then wheeled himself outside.