〘Chapter 16〙

"is she really alive?" Felix asked, standing over Lina's body. "Yes" the surgeon from earlier said. This probably wasn't something a surgeon usually did, in fact, Lix knew that they barely ever interacted with their patients when they were awake, but this time seemed just a bit different. "She is in a coma however." I knew it. There was an obvious difference to him if someone was just sleeping, unconcious or in a coma. He knew they all were different feelings too. Sleep was resting, well most of the Time, to him, being unconcious was always accompanied by a headache he could even feel when he was knocked out, and the coma to him was just like he had his eyes closed, but he wasn't getting any rest, like if you just have your eyes closed waiting to fall asleep, but then decide to watch YouTube until 3am. (Oddly specific hhhhh) "H-hey Li.." he whispered as he sat down next to her, them finally being alone. "Y...you can wake up now. The O..others aren't here a..anymore" he told her, hoping this was just a big prank. Obviously it wasn't, but he wanted to believe it was. After only maybe a minute of sitting there, he learned how boring and at the same time heartbreaking it actually was to sit next to a coma patient. And she did that with me for 3 months, what a legend. Lix thought and smiled a genuine smile for the first time that day. He remembered all the things she had done for him, and he wanted to do just as many for her. No, more. So he could have some way to say 'thank you' other than just saying these two words, eight letters, out loud. It would maybe be enough for the surgeons that saved their lives, but not for Li. She deserved so much more. How long is she gonna be like this?