〘Chapter 4〙

"Good morning baby." Lina said and kissed Lix on the tip of the nose before pulling away, sitting up and grabbing his hand. "G...hey." He responded but was too tired to say a whole sentence. Li was actually very happy just because of this small gesture, since it meant that he had heard her. Yesterday, when Fox had been in pouring rain, his hearing aid broke so the nurses took it out to repair it and he had to try to live without it for a few days. "Lixie are you ready for breakkie?" She asked but the boy didn't respond, so she repeated the same question a bit louder. Overall, she asked him three Times but still, no response from him. So the girl shook her boyfriend a little bit, just to make sure he wasn't actually passed out, and he raised his head. As he did, he squeezed his eyes shut and bit his lip from the pain that was flowing through his spine. "What..." The 'little' boy said and grunted. "Breakfast?" Lina almost shouted and Lix just hummed as a 'yes', almost immediately drifting off again. The pain was killing him today. He wanted to talk to Li, he really did, and he heard her the second time she tried talking to him, but he wasn't strong enough to do anything, and in too much pain to sleep. But he couldn't ask for meds either, since he could barely speak. It was one of those moments in which he wanted to die. Yet, he didn't. Lina meanwhile had come back with a plate with bread for herself and a paste for Felix, which she always called 'breakkie', breakfast, so he would be less reluctant to 'eat' it. Because, even if there was no way Lix could taste what he was given through the feeding tube, he always said this paste tasted horrible. Maybe it was just his imagination. She lifted up the man's shirt, cleaned the area around his feeding tube, then kissed his belly and blew onto his skin, creating a kind of farting sound. Lix giggled and started smiling like a little baby, not stopping to laugh even after the girl had stopped tickling his belly. She had now started giving him the paste, and after some time the guy started whimpering and squirming around. So, Lina held one of his hands with hers and kept injecting the paste with the other. "Cold..." Felix complained and tried pushing the cannula away, which caused him to whimper again from the pain. "Lix let me just do this real quick. Look you're almost done." Lina said to him quite loudly, only getting another whimper as an answer. "So baby you're done. Or are you still hungry?" Lix shook his head and covered his tube, still crying and babbling something. So, the young woman took the bread off her plate and lied down next to her fiance, having him cuddle her immediately. He's so cute omg! She thought and knew she was blushing, but there was no way her boyfriend noticed as he had his eyes closed. After a while, the older boy started humming something that sounded oddly familiar to Lina. So, she asked him about it. He was singing a song that Catholics usually sing to nearly dying people, Be Not Afraid. He also noted that he had been singing that to himself for the past few days and that he wanted to find his way back to god. Oof this kid. "Li make the pain stop..." He begged out of the blue, pulling her against his chest. "There were some meds against it in your breakkie, it should get better in the next fifteen minutes." She explained and tried to wriggle herself out of the guy's grip, but with no success. "Where are you going?" "Lix I'm going nowhere don't worry." She sighed and rested herself against her boyfriend once more. "Baby...?" Felix whispered. "Yeah?" Li whispered back. "I wanna sleep now, for a really long time, and when I wake up, I wanna go and watch my friends dance..."