〘Chapter 18〙

Felix didn't go to Lina's house, but Mark's since he lived closer to the hospital. He greeted his friend's dad and brother before going into his room. "We even got a mattress for you mate." The blonde dude showed his friend the freshly made bed. "Wow nice! Thanks! Remember when we used to sleep in the same bed when we were young?" Lix asked as he sat down on the couch and took off his jacket. "Yes! One of us always tell off the bed, and it was mostly me." They both laughed. "Mate sorry to ask but you hair looks so fluffy, can I touch it?" Mark asked out of the blue. His friend laughed, then nodded and right away had a hand on his head. "I'm gonna have to shave it soon, too." The older boy explained, and Lix asked why he had to do that. The answer was that now, after graduation, he was going to join the Australian army and serve for at least two years. "Well I can definitely see why you would become a soldier, you're ripped as fuck!" Felix cheered, but deep down, he didn't want his friend to go. Mark was the other childhood friend he had, and he was his only guy friend up until highschool. Mork was basically a replacement for Lina if he wanted to talk about guy stuff. It was Mark who encouraged Lix to finally confess, and also propose years later. He felt the slightly taller boy's arms wrap around his body, and so he did the same in return. "We'll stay in contact, man. I can't give up my best friend, and you know that." Mark reassured and Fox nodded. "I wasn't expecting you to." They laughed and then decided to play some videogames, even though it was almost 11pm and Mark had to go to work, he worked at a subway. "Dude I'm probably gonna come home late from the hospital tomorrow as well, so can you maybe bring me a teriyaki sandwich from work?" "Sure! I'll write down your order, just one second..." And then he told his best friend the whole order. "Should I add some happiness?" The older one said and he nodded. "I...don't know if I have any left, so yeah, I need some." Mark looked behind him to Felix, who was on the ground while he sat at his desk. He offered lix a hug, which he accepted without any hesitation. This time, he just burst out in tears. "I couldn't live without her for two weeks...how did she do it for 3 months? How?! Every night I don't want to go.. it's always such a fight to get myself to walk out of her room... And after all I've been through, I don't like being in hospitals, but still... I could run away to her, even right now. I feel like it's breaking me... I wish you could come with me to the hospital.... I don't wanna go there! But I do wanna go there as well..." His hands were clenched, holding onto his bestie's shirt as he cried and kept slamming his head on the muscular guy's shoulder. "You know what?" Mark said once his friend's cries had finally silenced a little bit "I'll skip work tomorrow, I'll call my chef and say I'm at the hospital and come with you. You shouldn't suffer like that, it's really not like you."