〘Chapter 14〙

Felix jumped into the ambulance, holding tight onto the paper bag he was given. Everything seemed like a blur and suddenly, the ambulance came to a hold and everyone was told to get out. Soojin and Jeaseol's car held just behind them, both of them jumping out immediately. He rushed alongside them and doctors, through the much too familiar hallways of the hospital he'd been in so often already. Until Two big iron doors stopped him and his in-laws. They couldn't go any further. He broke down on a chair, still clinging onto that disgusting bag that was filled with his own vomit. Every minute he felt that this piece of his heart was being ripped out more and more, only making it more torturing as he held onto his chest, not knowing how he could make this pain stop. So many thoughts were rushing through his mind, yet he couldn't think at all. He had so many questions, but he couldn't speak. The only sounds that would occasionally leave his mouth were cries, whimpers and him throwing up. Four times already, in under twenty minutes. Noone seemed to tend to him either, everyone was suddenly gone. He had no one. Then, doctors came out of the metal doors, wheeling behind them was a bed, a white cloth put over a figure that was quite obviously female. No. No! He threw up again, the bright lights now vanishing. When he woke up, his head was on someone's lap, he looked up to confirm his hopes, but it was Soojin, not the person he had hoped for. They started hugging each other, crying on each other's shoulders. The woman's husband also joined the hug, rubbing both of their backs while whispering soothing things in Korean and English so both of them could understand well. Then, the doors opened again. Doctors, a bed behind them. This time, the body on it wasn't covered. This time, it was a short, dark haired, beautiful, Korean girl. The one he had hoped to see. "Is she alive?" Soojin asked, breaking the hug. One of the doctors nodded, but not very enthusiastically. Felix knew the doctor, he was a very well known surgeon in this hospital, and he had a lot of faith in this man. Then, his heart skipped a beat, and when it started beating again, the pain was gone. So was his consciousness.