〘Chapter 15〙

"A broken elbow, that's it." A female doctor, Mrs Rihanna Cley, said as she looked at Felix's ct pictures. "We'll put a cast on it. And next time, try not to run downstairs so fast." She gave him a reassuring smile as she removed the ice pack a nurse had quickly secured to his arm some time ago. "No you don't understand" he protested and the doctor looked at him like she had seen a ghost "my life was ending downstairs". She must've thought Lix had gone crazy, which he might as well had this evening. "Why did she do it?" He asked. "Why did she do it now?" Felix asked again. "Why did she never tell me anything?" He asked and asked and asked. "Most people who attempt suicide don't." Right. It would totally ruin their plan, saying how and when they were going to end their lives, because someone would surely attempt to stop them. But why did she never say anything? They talked about everything, and Lina knew she could always talk about just any topic with her boyfriend. He would never turn her down, even if he himself was miserable. "Promise me that you're not going to do what she did." Mrs Cley said and Lix promised it. He knew that it wasn't the right thing to do. "Okay now. Take care, Mr Lee." Then he was dismissed, wandering around the hallways, intentionally getting lost at some point. "Hello Felix." A female said and sat down next to him. Even after looking at her, he couldn't remember who she was. "I'm Sally. Do you remember me now?" He nodded. She was the pregnant woman he had met when Lina had collapsed previously, and they had had a fight. "How's..little Felix?" He asked. The woman's son had the same name as him, which back then he found funny, but now, he just didn't care. "He's..dead." "I'm sorry.." That was unexpected, and he almost regretted not saying that he was sorry in a more heartfelt way, but again, he just didn't care. "Why're you here?" "My..my girlfriend attempted suicide." He drily announced, barely any emotion in his voice. "H-" "Sleeping pills. Do you want to know a funny thing?" He fake smiled over to the woman, who nodded hesitantly. "Well, I asked for the sleep pills when I was getting released from hospital because I really couldn't sleep, and the doctor lectured me that I shouldn't take too many of them and all that, and I didn't listen. And now, she tries to kill herself with the same pills I was given, which just has me believing that I'm the reason she attempted suicide in the first place!" In contrast to him not being able to speak an hour ago, words just couldn't stop spilling out of him now. "Why do you think you're the reason..?" "I mean if I hadn't been sick all the time I then she wouldn't have had to take care of me and would've never gotten depressed, and if I hadn't asked for those sleep pills then she could've never used them!" Alongside his words, tears started spilling out of him too. It was the first time he had shed tears that night. "If she hadn't had the sleeping pills she would've found another way. Don't think it's your fault."